Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this short-n-sweet.

For the past couple days I've been noticing that when I back out of my driveway I hear a distinct but short deep "squeal". It doesn't sound like gridning and not the typical high-pitched brake squake but a low, almost droning-sound. It only happens for about a second and only seems like when its been sitting for a while (cold). However, if I pull forward and back-up again it will do it again.

It's intermittent but it is something I've started to hear. It's on 06 w/ about 10,000 miles on it.

I'm ASSUMING it's a brake thing, I guess it could be something else.

Any ideas? I did get a flat tire recently (running on spare atm)...am wondering if that has something to do with it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Well probably not the answer you want to hear but take it in to the dealer and see what they say. My truck sometimes makes a wierd noise if im going slow backing up or going forward, sounds like a seal (the animal, not the truck part) a whoo whoo or err err type noise, depends on how you try to describe it. When I asked here, some said it could be the brake dragging or something.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spoonman said:
Well probably not the answer you want to hear but take it in to the dealer and see what they say. My truck sometimes makes a wierd noise if im going slow backing up or going forward, sounds like a seal (the animal, not the truck part) a whoo whoo or err err type noise, depends on how you try to describe it. When I asked here, some said it could be the brake dragging or something.
Yeah, there you go...it sounds like a seal...I mean, I'm not too concerned w/ it as it does go away prior to going any significant speeds...just curious as it just started happening.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nutdotnet said:
I'll make this short-n-sweet.

For the past couple days I've been noticing that when I back out of my driveway I hear a distinct but short deep "squeal". It doesn't sound like gridning and not the typical high-pitched brake squake but a low, almost droning-sound. It only happens for about a second and only seems like when its been sitting for a while (cold). However, if I pull forward and back-up again it will do it again.

It's intermittent but it is something I've started to hear. It's on 06 w/ about 10,000 miles on it.

I'm ASSUMING it's a brake thing, I guess it could be something else.

Any ideas? I did get a flat tire recently (running on spare atm)...am wondering if that has something to do with it.

Thanks!
Mine are doing the EXACT same thing at 37K miles. Has anyone found a solution or what the problem is. My pads are fine as far as wear.

Thanks Mark in Tulsa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts