Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
WOW, up to +3. Interesting...

Thanks for the update.
I thought that if you set it any higher than 2, the system automatically reverts it back to 0?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Everyone,

We have a new 93 octane file available for download. With it comes the option for you to manually adjust timing on your vehicle from -8 to +3 degrees.

Give it a shot and tell us what you think.

Scott
I tried out the Timing Advance. The only thing it would let me do was retard -2 degrees.
No -8 or plus anything. I can take a pic of the screen to show what is available if wanted. It's maxed out to the right at 0.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guy's no direct discounts going on right now. I am sure that there are several dealers on the forum offering competitve pricing that should save you some $$ over our retail prices.

Hello...hello...anybody in here?
Did you download and select the 93 octane file? That file is the only one that will allow you + timing adjustments.

All other programs will allow - timing adjustments because it will not affect octane when you reduct timing.

If you still have issues let me know.

Scott

·
Banned
465 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've updated my programmer but still don't have the 93 oct tune. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I've updated my programmer but still don't have the 93 oct tune. Am I missing something?
lol..ya you are missing the 93 octane tune..lol. check your cortex again to see if it has it. if not try updating again. Otherwise contact customer support. Luckily for me.. my cortex has been smooth sailing since day 1. no issues with updates. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah I got it all figured out. I haven't installed the 93 tune. Any gains or just a means to let users adjust the timing?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Question, maybe it was asked elsewhere.. but what about us that already have the 2 degree advance? If we get your product are we stuck with having to do the 93 tune? And also by using your product on the 87 tunes, do we LOSE our 2 deg advance or even worse see no major performance improvement with the 87?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Interesting. I've never heard of anyone advancing more than 2 degrees. I thought the tune automatically adjusted timing throughout the RPM band thus being better than a 2 deg adv?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Update: just checked it out, awesome! Upgrade to 93 tune and played with the timing. If anything it's the first time we've been able to actually see timing to verify that its +2 on the perf tunes. I bumped it up to +3 and seemed to work =P

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just traded my '08 Frontier for a '09 Titan, I have a cortex I used on the Frontier, thinking I can send it back to Superchips and have it reprogrammed for the Titan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
after i selected the 93 setting it gave me a "void warranty" disclaimer. i did not continue with the setting as i wanted further information. can Scott or someone elaborate?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for getting back to you so late on your question. I was out sick for a few days.

The 93 octane file unlocks the option to manually adjust your ignition timing in your vehicle p to +3 degrees.

This option goes beyond the range of our Cortex powertrain warranty and so anyone wanting to use the option has to agree to letting go of their powertrain warranty option.

Scott

after i selected the 93 setting it gave me a "void warranty" disclaimer. i did not continue with the setting as i wanted further information. can Scott or someone elaborate?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts