Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all!

I've been lurking here for some time trying to learn as much as I can about the Titan before I pulled the trigger to get one. I finally found one and as long as the financing goes through I'll be the proud owner of a Black 2004 CC Titan LE 4x4 with 43k miles! :redblob" It's a road trip to get (350miles), but hey it will be worth it.

I'll post pics once I get back. I can't wait for Saturday evening to come! Won't be able to sleep till I get her!

Longest 48 hours...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Cool, good for you! I've got an 04 CC 4x4 as well and it's a good truck. It's the 2nd one I've had.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my o6 about 3 months ago, im here checking on towing capability. Hope you enjoy your Titan, I love mine!

·
Registered
501 Posts
save your wallet...dont do it ;)

just kidding, congrats!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Congrats man and good luck! I had an 04' for 7 years and I put 235K miles on it. Great truck! Just remember to keep an eye on the big 3 from that year model.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the comments, but it was a turd! :crying:

It sure looked good and the dealership talked it up. I know it's a used truck and I can accept that it wasn't going to be new. I'm not nit-picky but off of a dealer lot, this was a Hyundai lot, not just some corner lot either, I expect it to be in decent shape for the price and a claimed 43k miles. Maybe I was too nit-picky, here's some of the things I can think of off the top of my head:

Radio was bunk - after market that obviously wasn't ground or connected correctly
Air-bag light was on
tint was toast
a red painted pin-stripe that they had covered in black vinyl tape that was peeling off
rims were badly oxidized
cracks/holes in the dash, center console, roof console
paint was faded on the hood
rear bumper was pushed in 3" on one side
missing cover for the passenger airbag indicator
passenger power seat controls were falling off
power seat motor sounded like it was about to die
carpet had holes
memory seats didn't work

Seriously? You're not going to mention any of this? I drove 350+ miles to buy this truck. Had my deposit and finances approved, all I had to do was sign. I guess they thought if I drove all that way it was a slam dunk. Then to top it off the salesman was a real piece of work himself. Oh well.

The quest for a Titan continues! I think I found one locally, imagine that!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
350 miles AND it was a pos! I hope you kicked that dude in the head. Good luck w/ your search!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
If your finances allow, try searching for 2008 and up models. Most of the issues with the 04-07 models were resolved.

·
Registered
678 Posts
If your finances allow, try searching for 2008 and up models. Most of the issues with the 04-07 models were resolved.
I second that!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll keep my eye out for that. Is the cloth interior one of the issues resolved? I've been looking for leather since I'm afraid that I might look at my cloth seats the wrong way and they'd stain themselves.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts