19K views 131 replies 16 participants last post by  gweasel77 
#1 ·
I'm super STOKED!!!! :redblob"

All 4 of my passes today were faster than my previous PB! :hat:

1st Pass: 13.665 @ 98.45 (10:35am)
2nd Pass: 13.812 @ 97.55 (10:45am)
3rd Pass: 13.762 @ 97.91 (1:08pm)
4th Pass: 13.845 @ 97.45 (1:59pm)

On my last pass i annihilated a G8!!! Left him @ the tree & never saw him again till after the finish line! ;)

I picked up 2mph since the last time out a couple weeks ago!!! All i did was remove the tailpipe section of my exhaust! Running the Borla XR1 outlet wide open!

Thanks to Beachside321 for coming out & joining me! He ran some good times also!

#4 ·
Thanks bro! :hi:

I've been running consistent 13.9's for 2 years now. LOL

I just got stuck there for a while...until now!!! :eyebrow:

Reactions: jpac811 and WIKEDVK
#5 ·
Here's proof:

New PB for me as well! Considering it was my first time to the track that wasn't hard to do! 14.394@93.86

#6 ·
My runs from today :
14.410 @ 95.16
14.394 @ 93.86
15.463 @ 92.6 (Spun badly)
15.481 @ 93.76 (Spun badly)
14.562 @ 93.81
14.410 @ 95.22

#7 ·
Thanks for taking video! I took one of you running too!

Plus i took a bunch of pics!

#8 ·
Holy hell guys. Are these Airaid intakes making that much of a difference? Gweasel I have ran with you in better DA's then that, and you blast off a 13.6!!! That's awesome. So looks like Airaid intake/exhaust/tuner Titans are high 13's to mid 14's, and headered trucks, low to mid 13's (with good drivers). I'm a little in shock bro! You and DS both run 13.6's.Did you get a different size DR? what do you think made the most difference on your truck?

Congrats bro! And I like in the video you right there with the, what sounded like, the supercharged Mustang for a good ways. I'm getting an itch for another Titan lol. What is it guys? Is it these new intakes?

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

Well i ran a 13.920 @ 96.67 couple weeks ago with a DA of 1077.

Ran that same exact setup today. I still have the same 295/45R17 MT ET Streets. The only thing i changed that was different this time was i removed the tailpipe section of my exhaust!

Today ran a 13.665 @ 98.74 (@10:35am)
DA was between: 311 (@10:00am) & 473 (@10:53)

With the FT90/MXP/LS7 TB & Re-Tune i picked up .2 & 2MPH in the 1/4 since my previous PB. These mods definitely help!!!

Previous PB was 13.862 @ 96.84 in a 1200 DA.

The DA makes a HUGE difference as we all know.

Removing my tailpipe section definitely helped my trap speed!

Weight reduction definitely helped! (- KC back seats, tailgate & spare)

We had a tail wind today. That helped out also!

#11 ·
Yep, my exhaust setup as of this second consists of:

Nismo LT's, 2.25" Berk Tech B-Pipes w/ High Flows, 2.25" piping aft of the B-Pipes to a 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe, 3" piping to a Borla XR1 dumped.

I still plan on swapping the crush bent piping aft of the B-Pipes to the Y for mandrel bent 2.5" & adding a 2.5"-3" Y-Pipe.

Reactions: WIKEDVK
#12 ·
Hey 05, i also raced a Blue GTO same year as yours with my girl in the truck!

I left him sitting @ the tree & didn't see him again til the 1000' mark!

He was cruising pretty good when he passed me though!!! LOL :rofl:

#13 ·
all right! Good job with those times. four runs all close to each other must be some good driving ,bet you do even better once you get the T bars. Congrat,s!

#14 · (Edited)
I think some 2.5" may do you good. I would also be interested to see if that, plus some catless b-pipes could you to 13.5 with a great tune. Hell, with all things considered, you ran in a 300 DA, I have ran in -1000. Imagine what you would run in those conditions!

ON the GTO, yeah I have not been able to launch like my Titan in the GTO. With street tires, I did get a 1.94. I got a best a 1.89 with DR's (which is not very good). I did 1.89 with DR's on the Titan, and 1.90 with street tires. I had nearly the same experience in my Titan racing a stock GTO (who is now a 10 second GTO with a 408 and also has a 200 shot), I left him at the tree, and had him nearly to the 1/8th, where he booked it right passed me. Once they get rolling, and the pizza cutter tires have no effect, they get up pretty good.

I look over my times with my Titan, and it seems it had less torque, but more MPH then I have seen from these new PB's. It's really wiered to me, I ran 13.73 at 99.1 and 8.7 at 78.3. It seems like I was slower out of the hole, and faster on the topend, BUT I had stock b-pipes and a 2.25-3 y=pipe exhaust and no Airaid. Doesn't make sense! lol

#15 ·
OH YEAH BUDDY! I can't wait till late Jan-Feb. That's when we get our -DA window!!! :eyebrow:

I think the MXP/FT90/LS7 TB & Re-Tune, along with not having a tailpipe section this time were the biggest contributors to the -.2 ET & +2MPH i gained!

I HIGHLY recommend running with the muffler dumped!!!

#16 ·
Congrats on the new PB. You guys do an incredible job NA.

#17 ·
I look over my times with my Titan, and it seems it had less torque, but more MPH then I have seen from these new PB's. It's really wiered to me, I ran 13.73 at 99.1 and 8.7 at 78.3. It seems like I was slower out of the hole, and faster on the topend, BUT I had stock b-pipes and a 2.25-3 y=pipe exhaust and no Airaid. Doesn't make sense! lol
Yea i know what your talking mean. It does seem exceptionally weird to me too the way your old T used to trap so high w/ a 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe!?!

You would think it would be opposite?

Reactions: WIKEDVK
#18 ·
No offense at ALL to the Tundra owners on here! The only person who i told this to already is Milenko, i thought i would share a good kill story. I think the Tundra is a Powerhouse & if & when you guys get a Custom Tuning Solution they will be tough to beat! ;)

So, to top off the new PB today, yesterday i was driving around & a real young looking kid in a CLEAN blacked-out Tundra RC pulled up next to me @ a light. I knew he was going to run me, it was obvious what his intentions were. :hi: LOL

Light turned GREEN, we both rolled out from a dead stop to about 10mph & i hear his V8 go WOT so i punched it! I didn't want to nail it too quick & spin too much so this worked great! I could hear both V8's ROARING & both of us spun a bit! Window to window he started to pull on me! The top of 2nd & into 3rd gear i start pulling back up to his window! From there i threw him a deuce in the wind & Peace Out!!! The T just kept pulling, walking away till i got 3-4 lengths on him & shut it down.

I will NEVER forget the look on his face! A look of Bewilderment for sure! :huh: LOL

#19 ·
Yea i know what your talking mean. It does seem exceptionally weird to me too the way your old T used to trap so high w/ a 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe!?!

You would think it would be opposite?
Yeah i would think I would have han exceptional up to the 1/8th, and then fallen flat afterwards. I ran 13.7's with DR's and street tires. TBH, it's probably all in the tune. Just like my 13.3 with Nitrous seems horrible for a 100 shot, but then again, with the base tune I had, I could only pull 2.0-2.1 60's. OH, and Nice kill! RCSB Tundra's are no joke stock. They have gone, what, 13.6-13.7? I feel you have a 13.4-13.5 in that truck with an incredible DA. I'm really starting to feel like jumping back into a Titan.

#20 · (Edited)
DAMN G just saw this post!! Been thinking about you running all day. Just got back from being out and see you ran a freakin' 13.66!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG TIME CONGRATS FROM THE SLAYER MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ran .001 faster than me. LOL Your truck is faster though because I had a -130 DA compared to your what +400 ?? Awesome man. So happy for my H town buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Now we need to go with full mandrel bent 2.5/3 exhaust setup and squeeze out another .1:)

PPS: I'm actually thinking of ditching the aerochamber for the Borla XR-1. Getting tired of the raspy noise at 1800 rpm's.

#46 ·
PS: Now we need to go with full mandrel bent 2.5/3 exhaust setup and squeeze out another .1:)

PPS: I'm actually thinking of ditching the aerochamber for the Borla XR-1. Getting tired of the raspy noise at 1800 rpm's.
If you are going to that effort atleast get yourself a true merge Y and reverse cone tailored to your application from Burns stainless. I have a feeling the right setup will be worth 2-3 tenths compared to a crush bent setup with a badly designed Y.

As for the DA that Deerslayer mentioned, I wish I were able to get on on a well prep'd track right this very moment. It is -885 DA outside and only 42*F. I just managed a 5.52s 0-60!!!

Reactions: gweasel77
#24 ·
LMAO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Do it!! Get an XE 07+ and gut that bish. LOL

Reactions: gweasel77
#25 ·
Hey G are you 2.93 gears or 3.36 gears? I'm wondering what size DR to get to try and stay in 3rd gear. Right now I'm trapping in 3rd at 6300 Rpm's with rev limit raised to 6500 to be able to hold it. Current tires are Dynapro AT at 31.75" tall. I need a 32.5" or taller I think.

#35 ·
Sh!t congrats to both Chris and Jason!! You guys are cooking. I got all excited when I saw that Chris had a 13.66 on his sig and than I saw the same on Jasons sig.

Chris, you need to just raise your rpms just a few hundred like Jason did to hold 3rd until you cross the traps. Doing that and getting rid of the HF cats would prolly gain you a bit more et and speed.

#26 ·
Thanks again guys!

We've got a MEAN IRCVK56 Crew that is REPRESENTING the TITAN all the way across the US now!!!!! :gunz: :futwice:

badazz times im freakin jealous btw what was your 60'?
My all time PB 60' was 1.90 My best 60' from today was 1.911

#27 ·
Thanks again guys!

We've got a MEAN IRCVK56 Crew that is REPRESENTING the TITAN all the way across the US now!!!!! :gunz: :futwice:

My all time PB 60' was 1.90 My best 60' from today was 1.911
Sounds like you have a little left in her! 13.5X in a 0 DA for sure! Yes your right, we have some bad *** titans across the country now. From Cali to Maine and everything in between!

#28 ·
My T has the 2.93 gearing. I'm shifting into 4th right now. I need 28X10 Slicks to hold 3rd till the finish line.

Reactions: 08crewcab
#29 ·
I let it shift and ran a 13.667, held 3rd at 6300 rpm's and ran a 13.666. Both on 40 min cool downs. Aren't those 295's 28" tall?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.