19K views 131 replies 16 participants last post by  gweasel77 
#1 ·
I'm super STOKED!!!! :redblob"

All 4 of my passes today were faster than my previous PB! :hat:

1st Pass: 13.665 @ 98.45 (10:35am)
2nd Pass: 13.812 @ 97.55 (10:45am)
3rd Pass: 13.762 @ 97.91 (1:08pm)
4th Pass: 13.845 @ 97.45 (1:59pm)

On my last pass i annihilated a G8!!! Left him @ the tree & never saw him again till after the finish line! ;)

I picked up 2mph since the last time out a couple weeks ago!!! All i did was remove the tailpipe section of my exhaust! Running the Borla XR1 outlet wide open!

Thanks to Beachside321 for coming out & joining me! He ran some good times also!

#119 ·
Wow Gweasel, the gates of hell just opened underneath your titan lol. What a monster! So excited for you bro that you ran the 13.57. Can't wait to see what it does with cams and a stall later down the road.

We have some seriously quick Titans on here. and all of them have 90k-175k miles on them haha. VK56 just gets better with age!

Congrats G!!!!

#120 ·
Congrats to both of you. Those NA Titans pack some serious power. Beachside's truck running 13.8 with some big/heavy 33" offroad tires is very impressive. That truck with some 30" cheater slicks would be in the 13.5s too. Glad to of met some of you guys.

#121 ·
Those NA Titans pack some serious power.
yes they do, but a supercharger like yours is a whole new level man. Thanks for shooting the breeze with us while you were there. It was nice meeting you and your buddy. Both of your rigs are crazy fast and also sharp looking trucks.

BTW, I was the one running the fastest times in the Yukon... hahahahaha. Remember, the one HUGE advantage I have over all of you guys, is that I can take SEVEN folks down the track with me at once.:teethmast

#122 ·
It was nice to meet you SCT! I wish i would have taken the time to come over & check out you & your buddy's Tundras up close...

Our trucks were getting NO LOVE out there that day! :bangit:

I heard the announcer say, "and here comes another Tundra...it must be Tundra day or something?" LOL

I'm just glad to have some other truck enthusiasts besides us Titan owners out there @ the track!!! :hi:

#123 · (Edited)
Nice to meet you SCTundra and good talking with you. Thanks for the props to my truck. With all the guys around here saying how good a 13.8 is on 33" A/T tires, it really makes me wonder what my truck is capable of. I may be getting TT and DR's sooner than I thought, although I still have a honeymoon to pay for lol.

My only question with the DR's is since I have 3.36, would I benefit that much from a smaller tire? Right now I am just barely holding 3rd through the traps.

I feel like with TT and DRs 13.5s are very realistic. GW77 and I are trapping the same because his 2.25 exhaust is holding him back a little, but he has a killer launch. I feel like if I had traction like that from a dig I could trap 100+, thanks to VVT (negative DA helps too lol)

#126 · (Edited)
I'm running 30.6" tall tires and I'm hitting 4th gear about 80 feet before the trap:( And in colder air it will be even worse. You would need a 31.5" tire to hold 3rd. Although, if you and I could get into 4th quicker, that might help us. I don't know what to do, I want TT and DR's but they don't make a 32" DR do they?

PS: If I hold it in 3rd, I'm trapping at 6300 rpm's with rev limiter raised.

#124 ·
you dont want to go much shorter than stock 32'' tire otherwise you maybe hitting 4th before the traps....with a sticky launch you will run A LOT faster. look at josh for example he was running 14.00 bought radials and popped 13.6x. HUGE gains to be had there, great job man

#125 ·
Beachside, your T is definitely fast Bro!!!

Like you said your trapping the same as me due to having VVT most likely. When you get TT & DR's your T is going to be faster than mine quite possibly!!! :eyebrow:

Yes, with the BT gears you will need at least a 30"(iirc) tall DR/Slick to keep it in the "sweet spot" in 3rd gear.

Then your T will be Hauling Booty!!!!!! :banasex0r

#127 · (Edited)
That's what I've been thinking, if I run a smaller DR and let it run well into 4th I'd like to see what I trap/ET. Maybe GW77 will let me throw his DR's on for a pass next time just to see.

#128 · (Edited)
I'm running 30.6" tall tires and I'm hitting 4th gear about 80 feet before the trap And in colder air it will be even worse. You would need a 31.5" tire to hold 3rd. Although, if you and I could get into 4th quicker, that might help us. I don't know what to do, I want TT and DR's but they don't make a 32" DR do they?

PS: If I hold it in 3rd, I'm trapping at 6300 rpm's with rev limiter raised.
I might have to try that DS! :hi:

Mine is the same...into 4th, yea about 60'-80' before the 1/4 mile trap. I will note what RPM's i am @ & try raising the rev limiter a bit!

No, i don't think they make DR's that tall? You will most likely have to go with a Slick to get the height you are looking for.

See even with my 17"X 9" racing rims the tallest Slicks Hoosier makes is 28"s.

These are them, the one's i've been looking at:
28" X 10.00-17"
Hoosier Drag Racing Slicks 18157D06 - SummitRacing.com
(these are a decent price also!!!)

Anything taller than that you have to drop to a 15" rim!!! :bangit::ftard:

#130 ·
I might have to try that DS! :hi:

Mine is the same...into 4th, yea about 60'-80' before the 1/4 mile trap. I will note what RPM's i am @ & try raising the rev limiter a bit!
No, i don't think they make DR's that tall? You will most likely have to go with a Slick to get the height you are looking for.

See even with my 17"X 9" racing rims the tallest Slicks Hoosier makes is 28"s.

These are them, the one's i've been looking at:
28" X 10.00-17"
Hoosier Drag Racing Slicks 18157D06 - SummitRacing.com
(these are a decent price also!!!)

Anything taller than that you have to drop to a 15" rim!!! :bangit::ftard:
lol Ive been telling you to do this for a few months now!!

#129 ·
That's what I've been thinking, if I run a smaller DR and let it run well into 4th I'd like to see what I trap/ET. Maybe GW77 will let me throw his DR's on for a pass next time just to see.
I'm afraid they won't do ya much good until you get a TT my friend...but when you do, i would be happy to let ya bolt them on your T & make a couple passes!!!! (for a small fee of course) :eyebrow: HAHAHA j/k :hi:

Could you imagine if someone run 1 DR on the rear right tire to try & get traction?

Rear Diff DE-Construction in 3, 2, 1... SNAP!!!!

Reactions: beachside321
#132 ·
So your not holding 3rd through the traps?
Nope... Not since i've had the 4" MXP CAI/FT90/LS7TB Mods.

How far are you guys raising your Rev Limiters?

I was texting Milenko yesterday who had been talking with Nick Hunter (installing FL/TUG's VVT C8's) about the VK56!

He said Nick was saying that a stock internals VK56 with cams & valve springs can safely rev to 7200RPM's!!!! :eek2:

...but i'm sure you would also need a performance IM designed to keep making power above our normal, 6K RPM's?

I just thought that was some cool info!!!! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.