43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the BFG 275/70/18.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
These are the BFG 275/70/18.
hard to believe that they are less expensive than the stock Rugged Trails but I can imagine that's because the Rugged Trails are a stock tire to so many makes/models.

Welcome to the BFT AT/KO family.

I'm thinking of getting a set for my 20" rims to go along with the ones I have in 285/70/17's...your's look bigger than mine!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha hey thanks. Yeah Ive had these in the past and my hometown gets about 80 inches of snow a year so Im excited to test them out

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
hard to believe that they are less expensive than the stock Rugged Trails but I can imagine that's because the Rugged Trails are a stock tire to so many makes/models.

Welcome to the BFT AT/KO family.

I'm thinking of getting a set for my 20" rims to go along with the ones I have in 285/70/17's...your's look bigger than mine!
The AT KOs are more expensive (on all sites I've shopped on) than the Rugged Trails in the 275/70/18 size...by about $45. I bought mine from Discount tires direct for $204 (no tax or shipping...nice!). The Rugged trails were in the $160 range. However I got the E rated ATs while the Rugged Trails are only a P rated tire. In any event, I like them...great tire choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
The AT KOs are more expensive (on all sites I've shopped on) than the Rugged Trails in the 275/70/18 size...by about $45. I bought mine from Discount tires direct for $204 (no tax or shipping...nice!). The Rugged trails were in the $160 range. However I got the E rated ATs while the Rugged Trails are only a P rated tire. In any event, I like them...great tire choice.
I got my A/T KO's for 169.44 a tire from tirecrawler.com, 80 bucks for shipping and they were at my door three days from ordering them. I will never shop anywhere else from now on. Great tire BTW.

·
Registered
365 Posts
How do they ride being an "E" load?? I thought about going with these but didn't want to give up the ride quality.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
How do they ride being an "E" load?? I thought about going with these but didn't want to give up the ride quality.
I've noticed no change at all in ride quality. I'll never use anything but an E rated truck tire. A "p" rated tire just can't hold up to the drivimg and towing I do.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I got my A/T KO's for 169.44 a tire from tirecrawler.com, 80 bucks for shipping and they were at my door three days from ordering them. I will never shop anywhere else from now on. Great tire BTW.
First I've heard of that site. I went on to see and I made out better. They want $151.52 shipping to NY! I paid a total of $816 (no tax or shipping) vs their $835....that was not including tax (if any). But thanks...I'll keep them in mind.

·
Registered
519 Posts
First I've heard of that site. I went on to see and I made out better. They want $151.52 shipping to NY! I paid a total of $816 (no tax or shipping) vs their $835....that was not including tax (if any). But thanks...I'll keep them in mind.
Sorry i forgot about extended shipping. They are in socal and i live in az. Definitely keep them in mind though they have good sales some times.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
How much noise do you get from the tires? I like the way they look on the truck. I just got my truck a month ago and don't like the stock tires much, we've had a bit of snow lately and they seem to have poor traction, but I may have to live with them for a while. I like the idea of an E rated tire, I will be towing a trailer with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry so late. They hardly make any difference in noise. Noticed they dont ride quite as well as the stock goodyears but they were so bad in the rain and snow that its well worth it and its such a slight difference of ride quality that it doesnt matter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts