Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping somone can help. my 2005 Titan reached 100,000 i decided it should get new plugs. i purchased autolite irridium plugs (thats all that i had the money for), gapped them properly (wire gague and no i did not snap off any tips) and now i get mini misfires at idle. it just kind of stumbles randomly here and there but only at idle. I thought maybee i gapped one plug wrong so i pulled them and gapped them again to no avail. i am not getting ant CEL lite or codes. any ideas?

·
Registered
197 Posts
hoping somone can help. my 2005 Titan reached 100,000 i decided it should get new plugs. i purchased autolite irridium plugs (thats all that i had the money for), gapped them properly (wire gague and no i did not snap off any tips) and now i get mini misfires at idle. it just kind of stumbles randomly here and there but only at idle. I thought maybee i gapped one plug wrong so i pulled them and gapped them again to no avail. i am not getting ant CEL lite or codes. any ideas?
The replacement plugs should have been gapped properly straight from the box.

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Is this required when installing new plugs every time?
No. I only suggested it because of the misfire at idle. If the gap on the old plugs was worn to substantially greater than spec, maybe the computer leaned out the idle mix too much for new plugs with a narrower gap.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Double check the last two plug wires to the rear on both sides of the engine.. Manage to crisscross 'em when I did mine, with similar results.. Did it twice..:huh:

L

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Also, make sure the plugs are torqued correctly. Some could be in further, or not enough, than other ones. Check that the wires are on nice and tight. Even though you bolted them down, they still may be a little loose. Plus what everyone else said.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'm fairly certain that they shouldve come properly spaced. I bet that's part of the problem. Maybe its a corrosion/connection issue between the plug and the plug's rubber boot? Did you use any dielectric grease?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but you should should always check the gap, they can get knocked around in shipping. i had a couple that were way too little of a gap so i am glad i checked

1 - 15 of 15 Posts