Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just bought a 2011 pro4x crew cab, seems like a great truck so far. I have been looking into the Titan for a few years now and finally decided on this one. I have read through the fourms on this one and it seems to me that quite a few ppl have had this issue.
I'm getting a banging sound/feel in the front end when I go over speed bumps and when on a rough road in general. It almost feels like the shock is topping out. I will take it back in when I get a chance away from work. If it is what people are saying and the rancho shocks are just junk then why in the world would they keep putting them into their trucks it makes no sence at all if it is a known problem?
I will see what they say at the dealership when I take the mechanic for a ride.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If it is what people are saying and the rancho shocks are just junk then why in the world would they keep putting them into their trucks?
The price must be attractive and allows them to use a somewhat known brand name. The Raptor comes with Fox and the Power Wagon comes with Bilsteins, so I really don't understand Nissan's short - sighted thinking.

Nissan's OEM shocks also aren't doing much to boost the status of the Rancho trademark. I will never again buy anything Rancho, so they have made a believer out of me. I hope they enjoyed the $2 or whatever Nissan paid them to put their name on mine.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
2011 pro4x here with the same issues. Someday I'll get some bilsteins with some sort of lift, but I guess i'll deal with the noise for now. doesn't really seem to do anything, just annoying to hear it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
All the stock shocks do it. Infact i think my 2010 SE does it. I would take it to them (the dealer) though because one of them might be blown. I worked for Nissan (technician) for five years and all there shocks are junky. I replaced countless amounts of "brand new" shocks. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was really 'shocked' sry for the pun....... >.> to see nissan cheaping out like that, deffinatly will never buy anything rancho.

Your right it doesn't seem to be doing anything and it is annoying to hear and I dont like feeling it, it seems to me like there is not enough travel in the shocks and in time that will wear them out. guess ill just be easy on the bumps for now, but who buys a truck to drive it like a lowered car!

I too will be getting a lift on it within the next few months so thats what im reasearching now, seems alot of people are happy with bilsteins equipment.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Yeah I was really 'shocked' sry for the pun....... >.> to see nissan cheaping out like that, deffinatly will never buy anything rancho.

Your right it doesn't seem to be doing anything and it is annoying to hear and I dont like feeling it, it seems to me like there is not enough travel in the shocks and in time that will wear them out. guess ill just be easy on the bumps for now, but who buys a truck to drive it like a lowered car!

I too will be getting a lift on it within the next few months so thats what im reasearching now, seems alot of people are happy with bilsteins equipment.
lol...I posted the same complaint when i traded in my 07SE for the 2011 Pro4x but my 07 did not do this. I even said something similar in that my wife's G35 which is pretty low can handle the same speed bump at my kids school with no issues and faster but my off road 4x4 truck has to crawl over it like its lowered...lol I bet people are like WTH is this truck creeping over the speed bump for...lol I took it the dealer and couldn't find a speed bump for the life of me so nothing was done. I think I will print off every related article and go back up there and tell them they will just have to ride as long as it takes to hit a bump to reproduce the cluck. It is loud and awful. It feels like the bottom just fell out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am also having the same issues with my 2011 PRO4X.

If it is what people are saying and the rancho shocks are just junk then why in the world would they keep putting them into their trucks it makes no sence at all if it is a known problem?
Like bestatchess was saying they probably get a good price for them....same reason they put those crappy BFG Rugged Trail tires on them as well.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't seen an answer anywhere as to if replacing the shocks fixes the problem. I won't find out for a month or two until I get my lift put on :p .. I'm hoping so

If anyone knows would be great to find out and take the info to the dealership maybe they can replace these ones for now if thats what it is.

·
Registered
541 Posts
:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The lift kit cured the bumps btw :D

·
Registered
14,135 Posts