Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I bought a rust free 2004 Titan KC 4x4 that needed a rear end (still ran, I drove it home but it make a clicking sound so loud it sounded like a bomb was going off in the truck, but if you put it in neutral while driving it went away completely) and a few other cosmetic (windshield cracked, scratches, small dings, rip in seat), mechanical (front axles for 4x4 to work), and lighting issues (dash lights don't work, no stereo currently, and map lights not working properly) for $1500. Bought it off a young welder who didn't know hardly anything about trucks and he just used this as a work truck. He had originally had it posted for $4500 and said calls/texts only and no emails on the CL ad. I tried calling and texting the number and it wouldn't go through and wouldn't even ring so I just gave up. 2 weeks later I see it up for sale again for $1,800 obo so this time I email him and he tells me to call him, but in the email he gives me a phone number 1 digit off what he had put in the ad... So I get there, see that he has another parts truck (exact same year, color, options) with a blown engine and dented front fender (but good rear end) so he gave me that for $800 too... So $2,300 plus whatever I can make back on the parts truck and I'll have myself a nice "beater" to go along with my 2012 CC. I'll get some pics up soon as I've already cleaned out the interior, threw on a tool box I had sitting around, and ordered some seat covers and a leveling kit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hahahaha, that is an awesome story. I troll CL looking for the exact same fortune; good on you, man! Hell of a deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts