Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X-Pel Products

Got this email for their new Titan specific products. Not sure what to make of the line drawings but they are interesting items.

I currently have an email in to them to see if the door protectors are sold in sets of 4 or are singles.

If the light protectors are all they say they are, they might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
294 Posts
rrumaner said:
X-Pel Products

Got this email for their new Titan specific products. Not sure what to make of the line drawings but they are interesting items.

I currently have an email in to them to see if the door protectors are sold in sets of 4 or are singles.

If the light protectors are all they say they are, they might be worth looking into.
I bet they are clear stick on covers to protect the painted areas on the front of the vehicle. Just a guess anyhow...

Karl

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Yup those are like the 3M clear film products for the paint protection.

Warranty on these things is 5 years....

Some of this type of material was used on 84 and up 300zx's on the rocker panels...after about 7 years it will crack and looks like 'darker' lines running through that area. Although, I am sure you can heat treat it somehow, take the old off and put a new set on...

Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wonder if it would still cause somewhat of a fading issue like traditional bra's do?Yeah it's transparent but still it filtering the sun light of the areas it's covering...

I've seen them on vehicles and talk to owners on how they worked and they all say great but thats the one thing I never asked them.How's the long term effect?.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My neighbor had it on a 98 olds and it looked great. Then again he cares for his vehicle better than most care for their kids

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just talked to a local dealer who is going to come to my house tomorrow morning to install the X-Pel headlight/foglight kits. I will be sure to get some pictures during and after installation.

EDIT: Had to postpone the installation until March 4th. Will let you know how it goes then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts