Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got called an "oldman" from my neighbor whom I loaned my truck to because "all you have is a CD player who use's them" . I would like to upgrade but not break the bank but I dont want some cheap POS that wont last. Any recommendations ?
Thanks
"Old Man"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, it all depends on what you want your radio to do. And what model you currently have in your truck (i.e. Rockford Fosgate, etc).
It just has the stock radio ,cd player. I would like it to have bluetooth, touch screen etc . Not real fancy ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check out Crutchfield. I got a scratch and dent head unit (JVC) for $300. Can't even tell it was scratch and dent.

·
Registered
192 Posts
(as in my signature) my X491 has everything i want. But thinking of swapping it out for another with Android Auto. Recently had a rental car with AA wirelessly, and it was pretty darn nifty.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I upgraded last year to a Pioneer AVH-2440NEX with the DIY stuff from Crutchfield. Installed myself over the course of a few hours, with a little more help from Crutchfield on the phone. Total cost was $436 with all their connectors and adapters.

CarPlay/Android Auto is great, but if you want it wireless that's going to cost. When I was looking, the cheapest unit I found with AA Wireless was over $600 just for the head unit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got the JVC KW-V840BT from Crutchfield, scratch and dent, for $300 give or take. It was a factory refurb, so they told me I could return it if I didn't like it. (I was worried about cosmetics). Other than a faint scratch in upper left, it was perfect.
Only problem I had with install was the RCAs hit the metal bar in the back and make it tilt a bit. This summer, I'm going to try some 90s in there and see if my clearance issues are gone.
Bought the harness and everything from Crutchfield. Easy install.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I upgraded last year to a Pioneer AVH-2440NEX with the DIY stuff from Crutchfield. Installed myself over the course of a few hours, with a little more help from Crutchfield on the phone. Total cost was $436 with all their connectors and adapters.

CarPlay/Android Auto is great, but if you want it wireless that's going to cost. When I was looking, the cheapest unit I found with AA Wireless was over $600 just for the head unit.
Yeah, from what I was finding......4 bills and up. So might live without it a bit. And yeah, Crutchfield is the shiznit when it comes to service. Those dudes are helpful AF.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Crutchfield has a bunch of head units under $300... unless you want Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. A lot of them are Bluetooth, so you can do the handsfree stuff.
Go to their page, put your vehicle in, see whats available. For an older vehicle that you just want to upgrade, I think there are some very reasonable options there. That's what I did in my 07

1 - 11 of 11 Posts