Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so yesterday i went on a 85 mile off road trip and learned that the stock shocks front and rear blow big time so i need to replace them asap as i blew one 40 miles into the trip... I have the stock rear suspension and the 3"rc lift up front i will be replacing the front with radflos very soon more then likley. for the rear im hapy with the hiegth wouldnt mind 1 more inch but thats it...

the main question is this what size shocks do i need to be looking for? i look at blistiens fox and donahoes and icon and such and they all give travel information but not application specific to what is needed for a truck.... please help out. i want some resivo shocks as i had fade big time yesterday and made the day kind of suck as i had to wait for a while for the shocks to cool down. then drive another 10 miles and same thing....

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Have a look at the Icons, (used to be Donahoe), and 2" Radflo rears at PRGproducts.com. Both are great, but the Radflo's have the reservoir. The site list how tall of a block the different ones can handle.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
If your not worried about price, and want the best ride off road, go with the Radflo 2.5 External Resi's in the front, and the Radflo 2.0 Piggy's in the rear. If you dont have the money for it then Bilstein 5100's all around will work great!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know this might sound stupid but the only reason why i dont care for the shocks on PRG's website is that they look home made and not like the other ones that radflo carry. I'm aware that i wont see them unless looking under the truck but i have seen alot of trucks with them on and they all seem to be rusting pretty bad and with living in a state that has to use salt on the roads i dont think that it will be a good idea at all...Radflo Suspension Technology - Non-Coil Shock Absorbers is what id like to have something more along these lines..... what length do i need for travel?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Don't know about length, but you will also need to find someone to valve them correctly for the Titan, if they are generic.

If they are going to have to deal with road salt, I would probably just get 5100's and replace them every couple of years. I saw a pair of corroded SAW coilovers from somewhere back east, and they were really bad looking. Actually the rear Icons, aren't that much more than the 5100's, so probably them.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I saw a pair of corroded SAW coilovers from somewhere back east, and they were really bad looking.
Probably mine.... There was a batch that had bad galvanizing on them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went with the radflo's... after looking for reason why not to buy them I couldn't find any and I'm glad that I did they are very nice shock to have on the truck and smooth as all can be... Once I get my new front coilovers in the very near future I'll put them to the test and see how they are...for now all i can say is WOW!!! thanks Greg you did good..... now onto getting the truck more built like shackles shock tabs and vents for the axle tubes and well where does it end lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts