Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my wife and I set-up our NOS (new old stock) 2009 Outback Sydney Edition 290RLS in it's new home at a rv park in Ft Myers Florida. First I would like to say that while towing the trailer to the park with our 2008 Titan XE KC with big-tow the truck pulled the trailer effortlessly. For those out there who are worried about towing a 7000 lbs plus trailer I would have to say "don't worry about it". If you have airbags or a RAS kit (like I do), good brake controller, weight distribution kit and good truck tires you shouldn't have any problems. I'm glad that we opted for the long wheel-base 2WD version Titan because it really pulls the trailer nice. I have attached 4 pics of the truck and trailer with this new post. The trailer is 33' ft long and has a dry weight of just over 6900 lbs. Thinking about it now I'm sure glad we chose the Nissan Titan it truly is a great 1/2 ton truck with NO problems as of this date. :bump:

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice!

-Lab

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Very nice looking trailer!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Very nice indeed!! We have been looking to upgrade our Keystone Hornet to the Outback.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice photos and nice camper!

We also just took out our new-to-us 2009 camper last weekend. It's also 33' and 6850 pounds dry, so pretty similar. It's a 2009 Rockwood 8306SS.

Here is a low quality cell phone picture:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice set-up. Curious on how the inside looks does it have a large front room? Looks very roomy from the outside. Any issues towing the trailer up a hill or grade as we do not really have any hills or steep grades here in southwest Florida.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks we like the Outback Sydney Edition it is supposed to be their top of the line model. We purchased the trailer last year for $19,900. Even though we bought it last year the trailer was new. The RV dealer was clearing out the 2009's to make room for the 2010's. There is no difference between the 2009 and 2010 model. The trailer is great it has a very roomy front room and bathroom. The bedroom was a little small but we figured we wasn't going to live in the bedroom and did the pros and cons thing. We are also members of Outbackers.com it is a very useful website for people who own Keystone Outbacks. If you go to that website and search rizzo1317 you'll find me there as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The floor plan is below, we like it. I like that both the front bedroom and rear bunkroom have solid pocket doors since we have 3 young kids. It kind of creates 3 separate rooms.

I'd say this RV is on the big side for the 1/2 ton Titan, but it does tow it around. On grades it will downshift to 3rd but I don't think I've gone up a grade yet that I couldn't accelerate in 3rd up the hill. Haven't been in the mountains, though, just drove it from Missouri down to Texas, then in the Texas Hill Country.

I have more problems with wind than grades, if driving into a strong wind then it can't stay in 4th with the torque converter locked. We've had a lot of strong southernly winds this year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice truck and trailer, im sure ill notice the truck once I see it....not many LWB Titans in the area, ive probably seen only about 5 total
Thanks Vilim we too live in Cape Coral on the southeast side of the town just off Santa Barbara. Glad we got the LWB 2WD since I don't go four-wheelin we didn't see the need for a 4-wheel drive truck. We got the XE but it has the preffered option package like heavy duty battery, tow hooks, storage compartment, big-tow with tow mode and some other goodies. Purchased the truck in August of 2008. We moved to Cape Coral in 2010 from Crescent City California. I drove the Titan across country towing our 1991 Nissan Maxima, which was on a Uhaul car hauler. Had the car packed with alot of stuff I'm quessing right around 6000 lbs total weight with the trailer. The Titan pulled it across country with no problem. Pulled it in D with the tow mode on it was a great trip. Thanks for the response to the thread.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts