Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just hit 48k on my truck and im the second owner i believe the shocks are stock the front is sagging a little you think i need new shocks yet ?

·
Registered
578 Posts
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
i just hit 48k on my truck and im the second owner i believe the shocks are stock the front is sagging a little you think i need new shocks yet ?

Yes If they are the stock shocks they are worn out. I know that my rears were worn out when I got the truck and it only had 9000 miles.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes, I do! Replacing the front shocks is one of the best things you can do for your Titan.

·
Super Moderator
93,863 Posts
I would replace them. Many members have had good luck with Bilstein. You can also check out PRG, one of our supporting vendors. They have some higher end options that you may be interested in.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how are the rancho from the off road?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
how are the rancho from the off road?
I use them....To hammer race course maker posts into the ground with...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Most folks do not favor the Rancho brand. I would go with the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you don't mind spending a little extra money, you might try the Radflo 2.0s. It's an adjustable coilover, so you can level your truck if you like. The ride is suppose to be comparable to the SAWs and the DRs, but not quite as expensive. You might also replace your rear shocks with DRs or Bilsteins. You should check out PRG's website or give him a call. I believe he offers a shock package (Radflo 2.0 in the front, DRs in the rear) that you might be interested in.

Like I said, if you don't mind spending a little extra you'll have a great ride. Upgrading my suspension was the best mod I've made... no regrets!

·
Registered
356 Posts
CHUD has some good advise. PRG is developing a mid-level kit that should be out on the market soon. It looks to be the best of both worlds and worth the wait. I would wager he will sell many, if priced within the reach of Joe Average.

Bilsteins should tide you over until then. If you buy them and make a drive to Tucson, I will load the strut for you. You should of course, let me know when you are coming. I sell vintage aircraft and I travel frequently.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have the bilsteins on my truck and they were a great improvement over stock. I have a better ride now than I ever did before.

·
Registered
364 Posts
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
I kind of doubt that the front end is sagging. Maybe it feels saggy because of the worn out shocks. But if it is really lower, then new shocks won't help. Shocks only dampen movement. The at-rest height of the truck is determined by the springs.

Oh yeah, stay away from the factory Ranchos. Just parroting what I have read elsewhere on TT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts