Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these Thursday from Discount Tire for only $1900.00. Rims and Tires..
The rims are 24 x 10, the tires are 305/35/24.

DSC00342.JPG

DSC00343.JPG [/ATTACH]

Drove home immediately Thursday after they installed. Next morning went to go to work and all 4 tires were FLAT:wtf:

I had to get it towed back to discount tire. The guy who put the tires on the night before installed the tire sensors crooked on the stem, therefore air was leaking out. Needless to say I wasn't happy camper, good thing I didn't get on the freeway. Or it could have been ugly. They took my wheels off at least 3 or 4 times trying to fix the problem. Finally after 3 hours of waiting they fixed did it right, I had to take a half day vacation. I wasn't going to ask for some type of we apologize rebate, but they didn't offer one either. Should I pursue a rebate of negligence not to mention I lost a half day of vacation..

Your thought please..

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
First- nice rims and tires man! Looks good with the black truck.
Second- I would ask for something. Some money back to cover your time. That's insane, they should know how to do it right the first time. Did you also have to pay for the tow back to the shop?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have towing on my insurance...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
After the fact, it's gonna be tough to get much out of them. You probably should have said something while there, not after you left.... They'll most likely just blow you off....

Nice wheels though.... They sure make you realize how tiny the stock rotors are..... One thing I noticed..... if you're going to expose the rusty ugly dirty brake components, you may want to clean them up or replace them with some aftermarkets or caliper paint or something. The stock brake system, now fully viewable, is not all that attractive. :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just got off the phone with the Manager at Discount, he said for the trouble he will knock another 100.00 off the price. I guess that is better than nothing..

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he also told me that since my wheels are powder coated, that I should not wash the truck when the wheels are hot or the paint will chip. Anybody heard of this?

·
Registered
737 Posts
i would be good with that offer. normally i don't wash my vehicle if the front end/wheels are still hot because wheel cleaner would dry too quickly, unneccesary spotting of water or soap on panels, metal warping, etc. otherwise, powdercoating should be very durable.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice set up. What tire did you go with who makes the wheel? They look really good. Black on Black always looks sharp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts