Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got my new wheels and tires tonight. The wheels are Gear Big Block 18x9, 18mm offsett. 305/65r/18 bfg T/A ko2. Was really nervous about these rubbing the pinch weld, and they are very very very close at near full lock. Within an 1/8 or 1/16 of an inch. A little closer than I would've liked, buy hopefully I won't have any issues. Anyhow, the truck looks awesome, tires ride awesome, super quiet and smooth. It was near dark by the time I got em on and took these pics, sorry for the poor quality of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
probably be fine unless you are on the brakes while turning.

tires look great though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks really good man. I would be a little concerned about how close they are to the pinch weld. Did you do a leveling kit or anything?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Why don't you just take the 20 mins to cut the pinch welds off and be done with it? It really isn't that difficult.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't really wanna cut anything on my $30,000 truck. Some people may be okay with it, but it doesn't really appeal to me, even if it is under the fender. I guess if worse comes to worse I will, but if I had wanted to cut the pinch weld I would've gone with a wider tire and more offset on my wheels.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
One more of the pinch weld. Really hoping I don't encounter any issues going over bumps or any ruts while on the backroads.
Tires look great. I doubt you'll have any issues. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Those tires are sick! I've been thinking about those for my next set.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm really impressed by how they ride and how quiet they are. Really glad I decided to spend the extra couple hundred over the Nitto that I was considering. The new sidewalls make em look just right .

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Don't really wanna cut anything on my $30,000 truck. Some people may be okay with it, but it doesn't really appeal to me, even if it is under the fender. I guess if worse comes to worse I will, but if I had wanted to cut the pinch weld I would've gone with a wider tire and more offset on my wheels.

What does the cost of a truck to do a simple modification have to do with it? It will be cheaper then replacing a damaged tire if you don't do it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said, taking a grinder to my truck doesn't appeal to me. It's not a 500 dollar 94 s-10 I picked up to beat around in. It's an expensive machine. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels the same way about cutting and grinding parts of their truck. If it's is absolutely necessary I will do it, but I'm not going to until I need to. I don't care what you do to your truck, that's your business.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Like I said, taking a grinder to my truck doesn't appeal to me. It's not a 500 dollar 94 s-10 I picked up to beat around in. It's an expensive machine. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels the same way about cutting and grinding parts of their truck. If it's is absolutely necessary I will do it, but I'm not going to until I need to. I don't care what you do to your truck, that's your business.
Grow a pair, will ya. It's not a $100K BMW. You can't even see the pinch weld when you are done. Hundreds of us with our "$30K+" trucks have done it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Grow a pair? That's funny. Why the hell should I cut it if it's not rubbing? Like I said, if for some reason I start having issues I'll do what I have to do to fix it. I guess while I got my grinder and saw out I could cut a hole in my roof for a sun roof and one in my hood to help cool the engine on a hot summer day.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Grow a pair? That's funny. Why the hell should I cut it if it's not rubbing? Like I said, if for some reason I start having issues I'll do what I have to do to fix it. I guess while I got my grinder and saw out I could cut a hole in my roof for a sun roof and one in my hood to help cool the engine on a hot summer day.
lol just ignore it. VQ likes to get under people's skin.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel the same way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts