Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say, thank you to the Frozen Rotor Team!

I just ordered a new pair of Slotted "Cryo" Frozen Rotors & Hawk LTS Pads from you guy's. I bought my 1st pair back in 2010 & they have been the Best Brakes that i have EVER owned!!!

Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago, out of nowhere my driverside front OEM caliper piston gave up the ghost & got hung up on the rotor... I was an hour away from home & i didn't want to have to have it towed all the way home. So i babied it the whole way w/ it being stuck.

I decided to buy all new hardware for the front. Here is a list of everything that i have ordered so far for this project:

(2) Slotted "Cryo" Frozen Rotors
(1) Set of Hawk LTS Pads (front)
(2) Powerstop Performance "Red" Calipers (front)
(1) Goodridge G-Stop Stainless Braided Brake (5-Line) Kit
(2) Aluminum Hub Centric Rings (1 of my plastic ones melted due to excessive heat)

After MANY hours of researching different brake components & asking other Titan owners about what brake setups they are running, I bought the same rotors & pads that i had before because they perform SO well. Hopefully i remembered everything that i need! haha

The only thing that i couldn't find any info or part # on was the (copper washers) that the Nissan Titan Tech Manual says to replace when changing out the brake lines?

Thanks to the Frozen Rotors Crew again for making such an Amazing Product!!!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should use Imgur for image uploads, it's much better.

https://imgur.com
Yes, thank you for the link! Ya know... I have been using Photobucket for years to host all my photo's for Titan Forums & other Websites ever since i joined TT. Just recently i got a message from them saying that they were suspending my privilege of posting my pic's. I have no idea why??? I have made SOOOO many threads & posted thousands of pic's over the years & i just don't understand why they would do that to me. I have never posted anything derogatory or controversial what so ever... What a PITA!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
They want you to pay for the ability to link them to third party sites.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well their not getting any $ from me. It' supposed to be free or at least it used to be?

It just really SUX because of ALL the info & pic's that i have posted from there are now gone! Now everyone who reads my threads & posts will not get to see the included pics...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
It's free to put them on there and for someone to see them on photobucket if the album is public, but you can't link them to third party sites anymore without upgrading to a premium plan. Just a straight up cash grab.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, you were right. Their trying to collect a yearly fee now. Man, what a bunch of BS.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well their not getting any $ from me. It' supposed to be free or at least it used to be?

It just really SUX because of ALL the info & pic's that i have posted from there are now gone! Now everyone who reads my threads & posts will not get to see the included pics...

I think that's why most move to the FB page. I prefer this forum due to years and years of data collection and the photo assist. If you take that away, what's left? I haven't been here long, but it seems like the activity is slowing down. This is probably why! FB mainly cares about headlights, lifts, tires, etc. This forum is amazing for educational purposes. I hope they don't screw it up!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Then again, beat the system and upload directly from the decvice. The info is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Then again, beat the system and upload directly from the decvice. The info is very much appreciated.
This is what I do. Yeah, you have to keep the images as attachments, but it's not difficult to reference them.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just thought i would follow up w/ a few pic's of my new FR's!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a few more...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...& 2 more.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I absolutely LOVE this setup!!!!

By far the Best Brake Setup i have ever had on any vehicle. Feels even better than my last setup (same Slotted "Cryo" Rotors & Hawk LTS Pads) w/ the addition of the Powerstop Performance Calipers & Goodridge Stainless Braided Lines.

I Highly Recommend this setup for anyone w/ a Titan or Armada!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
gweasel - Do you mind saying what those cost you? It's probably going to hurt me because I recently had a local shop replace my rotors, calipers and pads ... with "whatever" brand they decide to order from the local parts house ... and I suspect I paid the same or more for far inferior parts.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you mind saying what those cost you? It's probably going to hurt me because I recently had a local shop replace my rotors, calipers and pads ... with "whatever" brand they decide to order from the local parts house ... and I suspect I paid the same or more for far inferior parts.
If definitely wasn't cheap... haha :wink:

I had these same rotors before this & they lasted me 7 years w/ 1 pad swap in between.

In total I think it ended up spending around $1K for the entire setup?

My mechanic & I did the install up @ his shop, that cost me $250.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts