Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New SS True Dual exhaust video clip here

Finally had the Ractive true dual 304 stainless steel, mandrel bend, 2.5 inch installed with exit infront of the right rear tire ala 150-lightning. Here are some photos and link to my website www.usantonio.com/nissan4x4p2a.htm I guess I just wanted to share the elation I'm having. Good deep mellow rumble without drone at any RPM!!
3/14/05 UPDATE:Click here for Video clip link of this system or links at post #30 and 31 Turn your Sub-woofer and volume up for this. Video hosting courtesy of SmokeTitan
Update 4/7/05 Audio/Video exhaust link: Now available below my SIG
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
Congrats dude! Where's the sound clips? :lol:

I wish I could run my pipes out there, but... Oh well maybe if I ever get a king cab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Gr8t,

Your titan is what my titan wants to be when it grows up! I think you have one of the best looking on the site.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mkirt said:
Gr8t,

Your titan is what my titan wants to be when it grows up! I think you have one of the best looking on the site.
mkirt,
Thanks for the complement. My Titan & I are trying to mature in style
HavockWK,
I am really trying to post some soundclips here but never succesfull. I'll re-read my web publishing book and see if I could post them on my website and link it there. I am not in any way very proficient with publishing as I am just a self taught website novice but as soon as I able to produce one, i'll PM you personally!!! LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
smoothTitan said:
where did you buy these mufflers, all i can find is the ones with tips already on them, like for imports.
Smooth,

If you "google search" for "ractive mufflers", they normally run for over 120 apiece. I bidded on eBay store (Bargainland-Liquidation) at separate occations and paid less than $30 for either one. (Ractive # M209). Another eBay store auctioned off the Ractive X-pipe and I paid $40 for it. The Ractive Muffler tips (part#T-801) were $20 each. It took me almost 2 months to gather all of these items together. I just made sure all the components were 2.5 inches (duh!)

The exhaust performance shop offered me 2 options. First was to use cheaper 409 stainless steel and would cost me $375 to complete. Second option was to use 304 stainless steel for $600. My choice was the 304 SS due to the long lasting resistance to rust. Type 409 is used by Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc for cheaper production cost and will still rust in a very short period of time.

So for less than $800 I was able to have a custom "real dual" system in the more durable 304 SS that will outlast my truck.

Good luck with your search
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Drone

FLA-Titan said:
So no drone at all? Wow! Nicely done!
I was pleasantly surprised when I drove the Titan home after the exhaust install. It was a 45 mile trip on the interstate and I had the chance to vary my speeds at different RPMs and gears and cannot detect any drone at all. Also quite a gain of low end torque based on the "butt dyno" and quickness of the RPM climb when pushed.

It actually was quieter than stock at cruising speeds but barks a mean rumble when pushed to downshift. On a scale of 1-10 I give this system a 9 just because It's a tad too mellow for my ears (maybe I got used to the glasspacks I was running for 3 months)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
hmm ractive huuh no drone---I may have to look into this do they have a dual in dual out muffler??


I wonder why and how this particlualr muffler solves the titan 1700-2000rpm spike --that leads to drone in all that I have heard, mine included

I hav e a magnaflow and I have heard flowmaster also installed

detials please Im in the market to try something new
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
smoketitan said:
I wonder why and how this particlualr muffler solves the titan 1700-2000rpm spike --that leads to drone in all that I have heard, mine included
Mine too, I am interested in an aftermarket system if it would cut down on the drone.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
smoketitan said:
hmm ractive huuh no drone---I may have to look into this do they have a dual in dual out muffler??


I wonder why and how this particlualr muffler solves the titan 1700-2000rpm spike --that leads to drone in all that I have heard, mine included

I hav e a magnaflow and I have heard flowmaster also installed

detials please Im in the market to try something new
I do not think "Ractive" have dual in-dual out muffler but you can always "google search" for them.

My analysis to this "absence of drone" is based on my personal experience with my 2 "TRUE DUAL SYSTEMS" installed in my truck. I have photos of them in my website if you're interested. Links are below my sig.
My first and second systems are similar in set up using 2 mufflers and exhaust pressure balanced by an x-pipe. However, the differences are:
1. increased pipe diameter from 2.25 to 2.5 inches for less restriction
2. Mandrel bends vs. crushed bends also for increased flow
3. Biggest difference is the overall size and type of the muffler. Though both mufflers from either set up are straight flow ones, the Ractive has bigger overall size providing more sound baffling. Also unique to Ractive is the scavenging design where the inside is "rifled" just like the barrel of a gun (see 3rd thumbnail below). The exhaust gases are forced to twist & spin through this "rifling" for faster exit/scavenging spending less time in the system to cause unwanted noise/drone. Check link below my SIG.
4. The decreased overall length of the exhaust gas travel as the exit is infront of the right rear tire. Less pipe to travel means less time to produce drone.

Good luck with your search and hope this info helps.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,900 Posts
lets see a pic from the side of the truck. some full and some close up from front and rear 3/4. the reason is, i just want to see how it looks and fits w/ a cc.

steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
goathead said:
lets see a pic from the side of the truck. some full and some close up from front and rear 3/4. the reason is, i just want to see how it looks and fits w/ a cc.

steve
Photos of 3/4 + close-up front & rear. The tips were positioned to follow the contour of the bed shape and angle. Hope this helps
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
okay man I am no interested got a link to these I looked one bay and couldnt find the model

I may have to run two and buy a magnaflow xpipe (thinkt he magnaflow xpipe offest will work with these??

oddly enough sounddomian ( a car aduio site) sell these ractive mufflers

not the model you listed though

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Ractive~t~Universal+Mufflers


thx for the info I am happy someone got rid of the drone,and I willing to try it, if I can get a little more low end torque back,and no 2000 rpm peak


I like the borla sound but those darn mufflers are 160 each ( ouch)

can you burn your tires from start?? that my butt torque test--lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
smoketitan said:
okay man I am no interested got a link to these I looked one bay and couldnt find the model

I may have to run two and buy a magnaflow xpipe (thinkt he magnaflow xpipe offest will work with these??

oddly enough sounddomian ( a car aduio site) sell these ractive mufflers

not the model you listed though

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Ractive~t~Universal+Mufflers


thx for the info I am happy someone got rid of the drone,and I willing to try it, if I can get a little more low end torque back,and no 2000 rpm peak


I like the borla sound but those darn mufflers are 160 each ( ouch)

can you burn your tires from start?? that my butt torque test--lol
If you go to eBay within the next 48 hours and type "Ractive M-209" in their search box, you'll see the same muffler I am using is now is bidding for less than $15.00 The catch is this: This store only auctions one of each type of muffler at a time. It took me 5 auctions to win 3 that I needed (1 for spare just in case). I made sure I was up watching to the very last second of the auction. I got mine for less that 25 apiece + of course s/h.

My first dual system I just removed used a "Magnaflow stainless steel X-pipe". Guess what? I only had it for 3 months and it is starting to rust. They never advertised it as 409 stainless steel!!!.. 304 is the better quality stainless steel.

Tremendous gain in low end torque. I have to be very cautious with the throttle during normal driving as I feel "axle wrap" and rear tire spins most of the time.

I'll have to take care of the "axle wrap" next project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
tx man Ill email the seller to see if I can get all three peices at one time I hate wiating --lol

I saw one on ebay that went for 20 bucks wow ---lol


thx for your help!!!

aslo does the shorter exhaust outpu lines have any effect on performance at all?>

as mine will shoot out the rear
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
smoketitan said:
tx man Ill email the seller to see if I can get all three peices at one time I hate wiating --lol

I saw one on ebay that went for 20 bucks wow ---lol


thx for your help!!!

aslo does the shorter exhaust outpu lines have any effect on performance at all?>

as mine will shoot out the rear
I do not think there any difference in performance gain or loss between rear exit vs shorter pipes. However, the absence of drone in my shorter pipe setup was a pleasant surprise though it may had been brought about by another factor or combination of factor/s.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top