Premium Member
76,981 Posts
What are you going to power that with? It looks like it handles 1000+w rms

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you going to power that with? It looks like it handles 1000+w rms
My current subs are currently ~1500 RMS...

That sub is ~2000 RMS, and I am will power them with 2 1500 AP amps. Even though I will have a little less power wise to power these new subs, my amps still have plenty of juice to work with to make these things bang.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
So u pulled the trigger i see... hopefully u can get another before the meet.... would love to hear 2 of these

Reactions: Warp09

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So u pulled the trigger i see... hopefully u can get another before the meet.... would love to hear 2 of these
Me too lol..Well if Capital one would pull their head out of their asses, I would have the second one lol

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Holy geez!!!!!

Reactions: Warp09

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
the honeycomb cone is badazz... do you know if these come with 4 or 8 layer coils?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the honeycomb cone is badazz... do you know if these come with 4 or 8 layer coils?
Almost positive I read on their site it comes with 8 layer aluminum coils. These newer models haven't had charging issues either; a few of their subs that they tested before they sent out had a fs of 37, and bl of 17 for the 10" subs.

I also heard that with these new motors, when you add a 8 layer copper coil, the bl jumps up in the mid 20s...From what my bro read and saw on the pap forums, the cone is carbon fiber lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Almost positive I read on their site it comes with 8 layer aluminum coils. These newer models haven't had charging issues either; a few of their subs that they tested before they sent out had a fs of 37, and bl of 17 for the 10" subs.

I also heard that with these new motors, when you add a 8 layer copper coil, the bl jumps up in the mid 20s...From what my bro read and saw on the pap forums, the cone is carbon fiber lol
Yea i couldnt find out the info... i knew 8 layer coils was optional but not standard. I believe the carbon fiber is just a thin layer on top of the honeycomb cone

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
thats a bad *** sub!! I wish I had $$$$ to blow.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i couldnt find out the info... i knew 8 layer coils was optional but not standard. I believe the carbon fiber is just a thin layer on top of the honeycomb cone
Yeah, it's in a sticky'd thread from their fourms. Yeah, you're right; it's just a thin layer, but it still looks *****in'

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Second one is on the way, and Pierce Audio Products stepped it up and did something most companies wouldn't honor. Great customer service so far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
big enough ??

·
Registered
339 Posts
Woah...I think you have shown me my next sub choice lol,the kicker 10's aren't balls enough for me..Think 2 10's in a crew cab will slam? Also,are you going to be changing out your alternator running the two 1500 amps?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woah...I think you have shown me my next sub choice lol,the kicker 10's aren't balls enough for me..Think 2 10's in a crew cab will slam? Also,are you going to be changing out your alternator running the two 1500 amps?
Yeah, they will slam as my current subs slam as it is and my truck is a crew cab. I don't think there will be a need as of right now with my system at full tilt with the 2 AP 1500's my voltage drops to 12.4 IIRC...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good lookin woofa there. Does WMD make their own stuff or some other brand make em? Never followed WMD, didnt care for their stuff when they first came out but that looks promising

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good lookin woofa there. Does WMD make their own stuff or some other brand make em? Never followed WMD, didnt care for their stuff when they first came out but that looks promising
To my understanding, a different manufacturer makes the soft parts, and they put everything together in-house in Oregon.

·
Registered
317 Posts
oh right on. I jus remeber when they came out either the owner or jus someone repping them was a big douche an everything the posted said " WMD over everything." Looks like it can take some power though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts