1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Nice.. I would buy them just to give jacob some $$, his customer service is amazing and products worth double to price.

I hope he makes a sealed SQ 12" that takes very small encosures.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
grunge311 said:
Nice.. I would buy them just to give jacob some $$, his customer service is amazing and products worth double to price.

I hope he makes a sealed SQ 12" that takes very small encosures.
He is working on a seled sq sub. I have been tring to get him to call it sqplus . LOL This guy is the real deal. He builds some of the best amps i have ever heard and they are way underpriced.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Indeed, I do have alot of things in the works. This particular model will fill the needs of quite a few customers looking for something to run as a pair with the 1000D or 1500D so it will be the next sub to be released before any of the other ones I have planned.

The 10" model is 6" deep, FYI. A little deep for the regular Titan boxes, the depth of the SD-1 is about as deep as you guys can go, correct?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sundownz said:
Indeed, I do have alot of things in the works. This particular model will fill the needs of quite a few customers looking for something to run as a pair with the 1000D or 1500D so it will be the next sub to be released before any of the other ones I have planned.

The 10" model is 6" deep, FYI. A little deep for the regular Titan boxes, the depth of the SD-1 is about as deep as you guys can go, correct?
Awesome Jacob,

Well mine is 5 5/8s and James was able to fit that in a downfire box so in a regular upfire box it might work with a little seat lift for the excursion.

Glad to see you are pushing forward with more products!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P-Dizzle said:
6", NO Problem. Send me a pair.
HAHA right after James sends me my kicks!!!

Dont you have enough subs not being used already! haha

·
Registered
106 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
6", NO Problem. Send me a pair.
I don't have a pair yet :) I got one 12" and one 10" prototype originally. I have one more of each coming in with several design changes, I think that the new design should pass my testing -- we shall see! All of the changes are internal so they will still look the same and have the same depth (well... 2 mm deeper).

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet..... I cant wait to see how these turn out Jacob!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
well they would have fit in a Titan. That damn 2 mm is deal breaker.:deathsent :deathsent :deathsent :deathsent

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tech12volt said:
well they would have fit in a Titan. That damn 2 mm is deal breaker.:deathsent :deathsent :deathsent :deathsent
Thanks a lot Jacob!! haha jk

·
Registered
106 Posts
tech12volt said:
*laughs*

Damn 2mm killing me here... I had to add 2mm to the top plate so I could carve out a small area 2mm deep to set the aluminum shorting ring on the OD of the gap into and still maintain the 10mm top plate thickness at the gap. The protos you see don't have the aluminum ring but it is being added to the next proto.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ohh looks like we could get a lesson on subwoofer design here....

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
P-Dizzle said:
I currently only have 14 subs not being used and 7 amplifiers. :)
So maybe you should hold a raffle! haha But dont pick BB, he gets enough stuff for free already!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
P-Dizzle said:
Yep. Justintoxicated tought Jacob everything he knows and now he is sharing his knowledge with us.
HAHAH NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
t22a80 said:
So maybe you should hold a raffle! haha But dont pick BB, he gets enough stuff for free already!
I have 3 old school Opti's from the 90's that I am not ready to sell. My Sundown amps will more than likely be going in my truck. I do have a Mono Premier amp to sell.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I remember those old Opti's they are sweet amps....

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
My favorite Opti's were the Black Series from the mid to late 90's. A few years ago the Silver series were pretty nice and were made by ZED AUDIO. I am decently surprised with their current line of Opti's which I used in Strider's install. The mono amp is running the Stereo Integrity Mags at 0.5 ohms. Strider drove 1500 miles back home and said the amp never even got hot.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts