Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last winter UI bought the new slim alpine subs. they sounded great for awhile but the surface dents very easy and I had a problem with them Blowing. They just dont handle loud very well I guess. Yesterday I bit the bullet and upgraded to the JL13tw5's. My shop that does all my work gave me full credit for my aplines so the price difference was decent. The jl are way louder, sound better all around. These things ROCK. I have read that the shallow jl wont do well with low end but the ones in the titan do great with all bass. there expensive but I am putting them on my recomendtion list for sure. There in there own boxes right now and will be having a custom box made as soon as I can be with out the truck for a few days, so there only going to sound even better

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
sweet. post up some pics when you can...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yea, would be cool to see the setup

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post some later when I get back into town or tomorrow. There Just in 2 premade boxes. I will have a custom encloser built soon

·
Registered
509 Posts
Where did u put the subs...Im wondering if I can fit one underneath by seats, but mine is a KC, but is 2 not overkill, or does it sound nice.

I can get 2 of them for $535 shipped, but I dont want the box or anything sticking out from underneath my backseats, so Im really interested to see what type of box these r in and what they sound like, cuz I figured one would be enough, but interested in what the 2 would sound like.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
itd stick out in a king cab... the CC's have 14" Depth so this would fit perfectly up firing

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be interested in know where you found 2 of the thin JL for 535 for 2?

·
Registered
509 Posts
A friend of mine owns a shop about 30 miles from my house and he has always ordered my stuff for my Grand Prix, so I called him up and asked about the system and my wheels/tired combo and he said thats what he could get them for.

I made double sure he was understanding which subs I was talking about, repeated the numbers and we were on the same page, there was no arguing with that lol.

So these would stick out =/ ???? ... man KC's suck for subs! I wouldve gotten a CC if I knew it was gonna be this much of a pain to find really good subs to both fit AND sound good in the KC.

*** Edit ***

Here is a website that Ive found them the cheapest online, besides ebay exc :
http://www.pricefalls.com/products/JL-Audio-13TW5-3-13.-5-inch-Single-3-ohms-TW5-Thin-Line-Shallow-Mount-Truck-Car-Audio-Subwoofer/id/16081831

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Be carefull of online and non authorized dealers. lots of ways to waste your money including warranty issues

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh most definately! Ive never purchased anything auto related, especially audio/video until I have proof they're an authorized dealer. Ive had friends buy expensive things online, that ended up biting them in the end.

Wabulldogger, when should we expect pics? Im wondering how far these would stick out from underneath the seats, but if they do what are the best subs that will fit underneath the seats but still sound great?

Damn the room in a KC lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Oh most definately! Ive never purchased anything auto related, especially audio/video until I have proof they're an authorized dealer. Ive had friends buy expensive things online, that ended up biting them in the end.

Wabulldogger, when should we expect pics? Im wondering how far these would stick out from underneath the seats, but if they do what are the best subs that will fit underneath the seats but still sound great?

Damn the room in a KC lol
the 13tw5 is about 14" in diameter, our king cabs only have 10 inches of depth from front to rear of seat. Its going to stick out atleast 4 inches

·
Registered
509 Posts
Like I said... damn our KC room lol.

Ive been looking for a setup that will sound good but its hard finding something thats good with bass/mounting depth and sound. The P3's would fit but alot of ppl arent very impressed with them and they dont handle low bass well apparently.

Those Alpine Shallow Mounts, as wabulldogger said, just didnt handle loud very well, so I def dont want to have to replace something quicker than Id want to =/

What options do I have lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Forward fire and you can fit just about any 10" sub

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yea, but some need more airspace than others,

Its either between those Alpine Type R's or the RF P3's... I may just settle for the Alpines and then see if there are any other shallow mounts that come out in the future that are on the level of those JL's....I hate to have to do that tho.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
FF reagular JL 10"s W0, W1, W3, W6, or W7 all can be used.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Yea, but some need more airspace than others,

Its either between those Alpine Type R's or the RF P3's... I may just settle for the Alpines and then see if there are any other shallow mounts that come out in the future that are on the level of those JL's....I hate to have to do that tho.
As long as they need just 1cu. ft. per driver for a ported enclosure your good to go.

RE Audio has their SL Line of subs that are great drivers.
Subdown Audio has a line coming out thats "Slimmer" then their current line up (not a true shallow mount woofer, but should work in your truck)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts