Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New sytem w/Pics!

Got my new system installed last friday (5/05/07). Replaced the SE 6 disc changer with a Eclipse 5510 HU mounted in the OEM XE bezel. Got JL Audio ZR 650 CSi components up front and moved the existing Focal componets the the rear doors. Took out the old JL 10w1 in the small custom box and put in a JL Stealthbox which has one 10W1v2 in. Also added a additional JL 300/2 to the existing JL 300/4. And to wrap it up, dynamat in all the door panels and something called Black hole (looks kinda like a brownie) mounted just behind the door speakers.

Review:

Had it for just over a week and I love everything. The shop that did the work, Blvd. Customs, did a great job and were very helpful in making some of the decisions (read-helping me spend more money! :crying: ) The HU is definetly worth the money, sound quality is a dramatic step up from the stock HU and i love the touch screen. The navigation functions well (much better than my buddies 5500) but it will occasionaly lose its GPS signal and it takes a few seconds to get it back (this dosnt happen often enough to be a real annoyance). It has every address and name ive thrown at it so far (which includes local dive bars and strip club's) and gets you there with good direction. The one complaint is that the wallpapers are not great (not bad either) and you cant customize em, why not Eclipse? Also,this thing has more options to tweak than Ill ever play with but some of the ones that you would use most often (sub woofer level) are hidden 2-3 screens into the options menu, weird! Overall, i was convinced to get the 5510 over a comparable Kenwood or Pioneer unit for the sound quality and im not disapointed. The JL ZR's are by far some of the best components ive ever heard. They are clear, accurate, bright and LOUD. Ive read some think they are to harsh, I dont find that to be the case at all. They are not overly warm but harsh is a bad description. Ive not read to many opinions on the KC stealthox. What I have read is negative because of the single 10W1. Im here to tell you this thing is bad-azz. Its plenty loud with good deep bass and can hit when you need it to. I listen to mostly metal/rock with some house music for good measure. If your a bass freak, you might want to spend your money on one of the custom box's for 2 10's (tech12volt.com) but for good bass and great SQ, i am more than satisfied. Also, not to bash on the custom box makers out there but, the stealthbox looks better than anything ive seen so far. It follows the OEM seat lines and is molded to the floor board so it looks FANTASTIC. Just dont put your grocerie bags on the floor next to it or the port will suck em in, VERY annoying sound! Well worth the money for me.

Overall, I wouldnt change a thing, although I do miss the 6 disc changer so im going in this friday to put the Eclipse 8 disc changer in. Been busy moving lately so I havent taken any pics so ill get some up tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P-Dizzle said:
Thanks for the Novel but where are the pics?
Yeah, I should have read it before I posted it. I guess my enthusiasm got the best of me. lol.......pics are on the way. give me till tomorrow!

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
if you think the W1 is a sick *** sub wait till you hear some "good" subs :)
Once again i find myself agreeing with you. LOL :cheers:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
haha ouch you guys!
If he likes his setup thats cool, maybe its not the best sub out there but you dont have to bash him for it!

And the fact that James and Justin are agreeing about something scares me!

·
Registered
596 Posts
sound like a good install to me. i bet those comps sound 10x better than stock and i think eclipse HU are nice. keep us posted on those pics:hungry:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
I wasn't bashing it. I was bashing the Fosgate system.
I know P...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt take it as getting bashed. Im well aware the W1 is by far not the best sub out there, actually its JL's lowest quality sub. But its perfect for what I wanted and its 10x better than the OEM fosgate junk. Pics will be up tonight.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
mjs876 said:
I didnt take it as getting bashed. Im well aware the W1 is by far not the best sub out there, actually its JL's lowest quality sub. But its perfect for what I wanted and its 10x better than the OEM fosgate junk. Pics will be up tonight.
The W1 is not a Low Quality Sub. I will be putting one in an Infiniti in the next couple of weeks. You can get a more powerful sub for the same price but the W1 is still a good sub and JL is a good company.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
wasen't bashing the W1...Just responding to what he posted about others sayng the W1 was not good. It depends what your comparing it to :)

Also dpeends on how you are doing to comparison, Cost? Power? Efficiency? SPL? SQ etc. Stealthbox is by all means not "crap" but you can do better for the money is all.

·
Registered
596 Posts
mjs876 said:

good i think when the title says installed the pics should follow:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts