Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't laugh, as I am not a mechanic,Just guessing. Is there a pin that stops the tb from wot from 0 to 40. I was at club titan and saw a thread on the 90mm tb, this tb is suppose to go wot from a dead stop. If the ecu controlled the tb from wot, why wouldn't it do the same to a larger 90mm. Is it because it doesn't have a stopper pin. I wonder if the stock tb has a stopper pin could we just do away with. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Somebody involved with that project can give a more detailed answer, here is my understanding:

The TB is electronically controlled by the ECU and a motor/actuator of some sort on the TB. The 90 mm has been modified in the electronic controls to open all the way immediately, instead of after the vehicle speed reaches 40 mph. It has to do with a voltage to determine position. No mechanical pin involved to prevent it opening. It all has to do with "logic" circuits doing their thing. I'm not sure if it is all a Nissan part they are using for the project either. Details will come from somebody. Reread the Project Big Mouth threads, you may see something that was missed before.

Kodus (sp?) for being willing to ask! That is how we all learn! (I've got some I haven't asked yet too)

·
Registered
222 Posts
The throttle body is for an LS2 Tommy (thrust titan) got it to work with the titans ecu. It has something to do with the voltage signal sent to it causing it to open 100% from idle. Sounds like their is some questions about the stock rear end holding up the abuse from 0 to wide open that fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts