Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory goodyears are getting pretty worn on my truck so im about to get new tires. Just wanted to see what some of you reccomend for a replacement. Also i would like to get a bigger tire than stock on there but not sure what size will fit without rubbing. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
What are your needs from the tires? Off road or just street use? I am guessing you offroad a little since you want bigger tires! The Revos are a very good tire from what everybody has says. I think you can get a 33" tire.....not positive about though!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly street driving but i do go several places including my work where there is a good amount of gravel, sand, mud. The stock tires have got me through it ok but they spin badly, plus if the road is just a little wet i have no traction. Just looking for a "just incase tire" that performs better and i think the truck would look better with a slightly bigger tire.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are 18''

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are a few different threads on this issue, but in general it seems that the two most popular tires are the BF Goodrich All Terrains and the Revo's. I have the BFG A/T's in a 285x65x18. I cannot say enough good things about them for both the street and off road. They are also severe snow rated....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Beave said:
The factory goodyears are getting pretty worn on my truck so im about to get new tires. Just wanted to see what some of you reccomend for a replacement. Also i would like to get a bigger tire than stock on there but not sure what size will fit without rubbing. Any feedback is appreciated.
Hey Beave,
I just replaced my Goodyears SR-A's about 10 days ago with Toyo Open Country's A/T's. The Goodyears had 55,000 miles on them but they were wearing thin. After countless hours on the forum & doing tire research, I chose the Toyo's because of there stiffer sidewall. I didn't want to go to an Lt tire. I tow a camper that weighs over 7000lbs & the Goodyears seemed to be too soft. Lot of waggle.
The Toyo' s have a pretty agressive tread but they do ride smooth. Just a word of caution: they will sing to you on the highway. Not horrible but you will notice. Paid $864 with everything( alignment , balance & nitrogen). Good luck in your search:blueblob:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am going to need to get some new tires for my truck soon too, I am debating on getting Terragrapplers in a 285.65.18 or jumping into something totally different and upgrade my wheels and tires. After reading the Prerunner thread and seeing pics in the suspension forum, I would love to upgrade everything. If you want a longer lasting tire I think continental makes a 275.70.18 in the Contitrack. That tire would be great for a lot of highway driving and It would be a little bigger than stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts