Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adam's Pro Tire Sponge Applicators
Adam's Pro Tire Sponge Applicators

Now Detailing Tires is Even Easier with Our New Pro Tire Sponges!

Our new tire sponges take the mess out of applying VRT to tires and lower plastic trim. The molded-in handle gives you better control, keeps your hands clean, and greatly reduces the chance of the applicator slipping from your hands and hitting the ground.

Simply squeeze on a little tire dressing and swipe the tire for a perfect shine every time. These quality pieces are designed for multiple, long term use – Adam's Premium Tire Sponges are washable and reusable.

Note: photo shows side and bottom views; Pro Tire Sponges are sold individually.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
And for those of you that haven't tried VRT?
You need to.
Try and get your hands on a sample. Whether it's at a Titan meet, or your buddy has a bottle.
It works really well on the plastic bed caps, mirror caps, and the cowl plastic.
Easy on and long lasting.
Well worth the price to buy a bottle and try it.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
And for those of you that haven't tried VRT?
You need to.
Try and get your hands on a sample. Whether it's at a Titan meet, or your buddy has a bottle.
It works really well on the plastic bed caps, mirror caps, and the cowl plastic.
Easy on and long lasting.
Well worth the price to buy a bottle and try it.
Second that!!

The sponge would be awesome to have.

Thanks for the heads up P'sTitan..

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
VRT is good for tires, but it basically ruins my bedrail caps, and other exterior black plastic pieces. I washed, clay barred, polished, and waxed my truck this last weekend, all with Adam's products. I was happy with everything, except the very next day, the VRT had really EFed up my bed rail caps. I ended up putting some tire shine on them and that lasted a bit longer...I don't know why the VRT messes up my bedrails and plastic pieces of bumper, but I still love it on my tires

I do want a few of those sponges though

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VRT is good for tires, but it basically ruins my bedrail caps, and other exterior black plastic pieces. I washed, clay barred, polished, and waxed my truck this last weekend, all with Adam's products. I was happy with everything, except the very next day, the VRT had really EFed up my bed rail caps. I ended up putting some tire shine on them and that lasted a bit longer...I don't know why the VRT messes up my bedrails and plastic pieces of bumper, but I still love it on my tires

I do want a few of those sponges though
how did it "mess up" or "ruin" your plastic pieces? This is news to me, I've been using VRT on all my plastic pieces for over a year as well as other's I know and havent heard anything like this.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
how did it "mess up" or "ruin" your plastic pieces? This is news to me, I've been using VRT on all my plastic pieces for over a year as well as other's I know and havent heard anything like this.

VRT all over my black plastic pieces and they are still black after 3 weeks. And for the top part of the hood under the windshield wipers, it was faded white and VRT turned it black again and been that way for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I don't know "how" it does it. I was at Whitytighty's house while he was installing my system this last weekend, and I pointed it out to him. I have also pointed it out to Gary748 before too. I don't know how to describe how it makes it look. I guess the best I can describe it is it gets very noticeably blotchy....The first few times I did it, I figured I was just applying too much VRT, so now I don't apply as much and it still does it. The only other thing I can figure is maybe its just the Florida sun beating on it all day, but it literally only take a day or less. What I found that works best for me is the in and out spray on my bedrails....I will try to get a picture of it, and maybe you can tell me what I did wrong or why it does it.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
There may be some type of oily contaminant on your plastic? :dunno: That might make it smeary and blotchy...

I have used this on the wiper arm covers on the Ovlov... The first coat looks bad... with a bunch of lines and such... I just go over it lightly a second time and it looks perfect. I don't know what's on those wiper covers, but they tend to make it react funny at first too. They look nice and shiny for weeks afterwards though.... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I may have to pick up some of these puppies... I like the smaller profile on them. The square sponges are a bit unwieldy.... I usually cut them into 2 or 4 pieces and use them for various apps... For instance, I never use one that I have used on tires, to do the bedrails on the T... I keep them separate....

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
There may be some type of oily contaminant on your plastic?
That very well may be what is going on...I bought this truck used so I don't know what the previous owner did to it...I'm going to be using it tomorrow on my bedrails before the Titan meet, so we will see how it works again, I've been using the in and out spray on it recently

1 - 11 of 11 Posts