Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 nissan titan CC 4x4 and everything is stock right now but I want to get a lift on it very soon like a leveling kit... I have 18 inch rims right now(dont know back spacing) and they have 285/60/18 tires on it now would like to go a little larger (taller) width is fine. Want something that is large enough to fit now but also looks good once I get a 3"RC lift or a 2" PRG lift.. Heres a big problem though I can only get the tires at sears as its where I have a CC.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
the Nitto Terra Grapplers in 275/70/18 are nice; but ur getting them from sears so I dont know what tires they have but get the size that I said they will fit under it, but u need to remove the mud flaps

·
Registered
989 Posts
The 285/60/18 you are running is about an 1" shorter than a stock 265/70/18 tire. If you want the same width with about stock height, you can try a 285/65/18. If you don't mind a little skinner tire but about a 1/2" taller than stock, then the 275/70/18 would be a pretty good choice. Also, there are a lot of tires that come in the 275/70/18 size. If you get the leveling kit first, you might be able to fit the BFG's in the 305/65/18 (about 1" taller than stock and a 1.5" wider) depending on the width of your rims and backspacing. I don't know if Sears can special order those ones though, plus they are pretty pricey in that size.

Reactions: 07Titan4x4

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
They have a good selection, the Coopers STT, Cooper Zeon LTZ, Hankook Dynapro, and BFG A/Ts would be my selection, I havent heard many reviews about the hankooks but every other tire on here has pretty good reviews

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
325/60-18 .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ordered the 3"rc lift(be here thursday for this weekend install i hope.) so now the tires.. i like the 285 width fits under the wheel wells very nicely on my truck and still wide to me 11.2".. RC recommends a 33" tire so would the 275/70/18 fit no problems at all or can i go higher w/o the torque convertor problem not locking up when needed to save on gas??

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
NorCal says something about his 34" Terras making the Torque Converter locking up, but there are 305/65/18 which are 33.7" but they only come in BFG A/Ts: only one member on here has them and he said nothing has come up about them messing with anything, but they do rub a little; but for ur question the 275/70/18 should fit without any problems my dad has them on his 05 with no suspension mods and they clear

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
NorCal says something about his 34" Terras making the Torque Converter locking up, but there are 305/65/18 which are 33.7" but they only come in BFG A/Ts: only one member on here has them and he said nothing has come up about them messing with anything, but they do rub a little; but for ur question the 275/70/18 should fit without any problems my dad has them on his 05 with no suspension mods and they clear
With my BT/OR 3.36 gears, it takes longer after reaching speed to lock into overdrive, with my 33.98" Nitto Terra's. I didn't have the issue with my 33.5" Toyo M/T's. So, somewhere on mine at least, in this is the critical half inch between 33.5" and 33.98" diameter. My 34's are the smallest I've heard of this happening on so maybe a 33.7 would be fine on my truck, but that's such a small difference tire inflation would likely matter. With the standard gears, (the 2.94's), it would happen with at a smaller diameter tire.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
With my BT/OR 3.36 gears, it takes longer after reaching speed to lock into overdrive, with my 33.98" Nitto Terra's. I didn't have the issue with my 33.5" Toyo M/T's. So, somewhere on mine at least, in this is the critical half inch between 33.5" and 33.98" diameter. My 34's are the smallest I've heard of this happening on so maybe a 33.7 would be fine on my truck, but that's such a small difference tire inflation would likely matter. With the standard gears, (the 2.94's), it would happen with at a smaller diameter tire.
I forgot to include the gears my b

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k so what you think would look better a 285/65/18 falken wildpeak at tire($1221) or a 275/70/18 goodyear duratrac tire($1309)? would love to do the 34s or 35s but dang they are alot of money:)any pictures with these tires on a 2.5 lift would be great tyvm

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
IMO, the 275s would look better under a leveling kit, the 285s I think would be to small

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
I run the 305/65R18 BFG ATs and once I'm up to freeway cruising speeds, my torque converter locks up 5th gear with 2.94s no problem. I do manually downshift to 4th on inclines to make sure I get it locked up, but otherwise everything works great. I have a 2" coilover lift and very very slight rubbing at full steering lock but it's not enough to worry about. You will probably rub pretty good with this size unless you install that leveling kit but it sure looks awesome. FWIW, I ran 285/70R17 BFG MTs on my old rims and those looked pretty good as well, they're about equivalent to the 285/65R18.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I run the 305/65R18 BFG ATs and once I'm up to freeway cruising speeds, my torque converter locks up 5th gear with 2.94s no problem. I do manually downshift to 4th on inclines to make sure I get it locked up, but otherwise everything works great. I have a 2" coilover lift and very very slight rubbing at full steering lock but it's not enough to worry about. You will probably rub pretty good with this size unless you install that leveling kit but it sure looks awesome. FWIW, I ran 285/70R17 BFG MTs on my old rims and those looked pretty good as well, they're about equivalent to the 285/65R18.
If you're down shifting to 4th, you are unlocking it. It can lockup only when in overdrive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well after looking around i found another size of tire that might work but im pretty sure it will be to wide to use...325/60/18 = 33.35inches and then there is 325/65/18 which = 34.63 that one is probably not going to fit either but get this for prices. on a copper stt tire in 275/70/18 cost $308 a 325/60/18 stt cost $268 and a 325/65/18 is $277 why is that price gouging? and how is a Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more as i found a local store that has them for way cheaper and sears will price match for me.... quiet long lasting good in snow and rain and off road? compared to duratracs?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have no idea that the 65s are that cheap, I would understand the 60s but not a 35" tire

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I called my local store and price is correct ...I was shocked cause they wern't popular he said

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Getting lift installed by local shop as its suppose to snow here this weekend so will the 325/65/18s fit you think? To want to fill in gap more then stock sized tires or my 285/60/18...or should I just stick to the. 275/70/18?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
the 285s wont fill the gap, the 65s will if u dont mind doing the PWM, but the 275 will have no problems

1 - 20 of 62 Posts