Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tires were getting too worn to be safe so I picked up some Cooper Discoverer STT 325/65-18.... They were a bear to get balanced but ride awww so smooth and nice.. There was a set of Nitto Trail Gapplers in the same size so I picked them up for a weight check. The Nittos were much heavier... No kidding these tires are lightweight for what they are and are close to the same weight as the 325/60-18 Terra Grapplers were. These did hurt the MPG a little but not much like other M/T's would've.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Looking good with plenty of meat.

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
looking beastly!

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm. liking it a lot. how do they ride? hum? smoothness?
I've had them on for only a week but they ride GREAT... They give a softer ride than the Terra Grapplers did, I think the Nitto had stiffer sidewalls, they are both LT rated... The smoothness is the same... The noise is close to the same as when the Terra Grapplers were worn so they are quiet for an M/T but a little noisier than an A/T.

·
Premium Member
77,868 Posts
Certainly some rubber, there. :thumbsup: Tough looking Armada, Pops. They compliment the wheels

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
They look like they mean business!!! I was never a fan of nittos myself...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Lookin' good Pops! I really liked mine when I had them. I hope they treat you well. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Dayum. "idhitit2:If only I could convince the wifey to drop the CR-V and get an ARMADA....I think she still has her heart on a 300:ftard:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
those tires look tough man, looks good:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
LOokin good Pops!! Bad a$$ Armada for sure!!

·
Premium Member
46,448 Posts
Nice tires and love the look of that Armada, nice job

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Looks good

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Looks like a good set up.

I was considering a set for deep sand so let me know how they do in off road conditions.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Looking good pops, how many miles did you end up getting out of those nittos? Welcome back as well, hope everything is good with you and the family.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I put the STT's on my FJ Cruiser last year and then promptly went out and put about 5,000 miles on them driving across country, out through Sedona AZ, out through Moab UT, out through Ouray CO and then back home. They did great the entire time and that trip took us through rain, sand, mud, snow and ice. In fact the only thing they didn't like much was ice, but not many tires do.

I'll be using these on my Titan once I get my lift together.

Here there were out in Moab, full of red mud. :D

Reactions: Pops and gweasel77
1 - 20 of 30 Posts