Nissan Titan Forum banner

New Tires

532 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ten~39 
#1 ·
I just upsized my wheels and tires on my 2008 Nissan Titan SE. The tires are 35"x12.5" and the wheels are 20". It wasn't until 3 weeks later that I've noticed the back was a bit unleveled. If you just measure vertically the spacing from the tire up to the fender, the rear right side is lower than the rear left side by 3 quarters of an inch. Should I be concern?

Does that mean that I need to change out my shocks? (I have the factory shocks at this time.) Or does it have anything to do with the installation of the tires? What should I do?

Any of y'all have this problem before?

#2 ·
You probably had the problem before, and are just now noticing it. New wheels and tires wouldn't have anything to do with suspension ride height disparities, presuming the tire pressures match. Shocks don't do anything to support the weight of the vehicle, all they do is dampen the spring oscillations.

Most trucks have ride height disparities that you don't notice until you put a tape measure to it. Just production variations on any number of criteria. Unless you can really see it, and it bothers you, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: quest2368
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.