Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New Titan owner. Picked up a 2007 Titan King Cab SE 4x4, Smoke. Off Road package, Rockford Fosgate, Towing Package, Bed system. I was pleasantly sruprised to see the axles are Danas, but they don't tell me WHAT Dana model and it's tough to find out technical information on this truck such as gear ratios etc. Seems like we are not as well supported aftermarket as some other brands, but maybe that's fine as long as we can get what we need.

At present, I'd like to look for door sill covers, an air compressor system of some sort that can be mounted maybe under the body on the frame, and perhaps some decent wheels. The off-road package came with 285/70R-17 tires and they seem to be OK Goodrich tires, but the wheels are pretty ordinary. About average for a new truck and you'd have to be crazy to pay what the dealerships are getting for their "upgrade" wheel and tire packages ... sort of like buying beer on credit. You can DO it, but WHY?

Anyone have any experience with **** Cepek wheels? Did you LIKE them?

New member here, too ... started looking for Titan parts and accessories as a natural result of buying the truck and found this forum.

I live in Irvine, CA if anyone wants to get together on a Sunday. I volunteer at the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino on Saturdays, but am up for a Sunday cruise / off road first try in this truck.

So far, seems to be a first-rate truck. But, then again, I expected that or I wouldn't have bought it.

Anyway, hello to all, Kirby Vacuums and all! :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I believe the Dana axle is not an "off-the-rack" axle they make. It is made especially for Nissan to their specs. FYI - we have the same truck, but you heve more extras. I bet you got a steal of a deal. Aren't they offering $5,000 off msrp?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they were offering $5k off 2007s. We searched and came up with six. They quoted me a good price on one and I said they had a deal if they could give me the same price on another truck that listed for about $1,200 more than the quoted one. They hem-hawed around for awhile and finally said yes.

So, I feel pretty good about the deal.

Wish we lived closer than California and Louisiana!

My parents folks were from Louisiana. One set was from Kentwood and the other from New Orleans. Have lots of relatives there including Lafayette, Slidell, and a lot more places.

·
Super Moderator
93,680 Posts
Welcome to TT GregP. There is a ton of great information on the site, good choice on your truck!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your new truck!

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to Titan Talk.

Clint

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
WOW! This is a freindly forum! MUCH friendlier than the forum I used to frequent for my Camaro SS.

It's VERY nice to be talking with friendly people who apparently have no axe to grind.

I chose a Nissan because, IMHO, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, and Mitsubishi all make good trucks. Mazda is a small Ford (wanted a big one) and Mitsubishi doesn't make a BIG truck. Toyota wouldn't DEAL, and I had NO ISSUES with the Nissan.

Sure, I wish it were a 6-speed just like YOU do. But my last pickup was a Ford F-150 with a 4-speed automatic and it was the best pickup I had ever owned to that point. They are STILL running a 4-speed after Nissan has a 5-speed and Toyota a 6-speed.

Anyway, if anyone in the Irvine area wants to get together and talk trucks, cruise, or go off-road, I'm up for it!

Anyone out there have any good sources for Titan accessories? Seem to be hard to find using Google!

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
GregP said:
WOW! This is a freindly forum! MUCH friendlier than the forum I used to frequent for my Camaro SS.

It's VERY nice to be talking with friendly people who apparently have no axe to grind.

I chose a Nissan because, IMHO, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, and Mitsubishi all make good trucks. Mazda is a small Ford (wanted a big one) and Mitsubishi doesn't make a BIG truck. Toyota wouldn't DEAL, and I had NO ISSUES with the Nissan.

Sure, I wish it were a 6-speed just like YOU do. But my last pickup was a Ford F-150 with a 4-speed automatic and it was the best pickup I had ever owned to that point. They are STILL running a 4-speed after Nissan has a 5-speed and Toyota a 6-speed.

Anyway, if anyone in the Irvine area wants to get together and talk trucks, cruise, or go off-road, I'm up for it!

Anyone out there have any good sources for Titan accessories? Seem to be hard to find using Google!
There are a lot of great vendor sponsors on this site. They are listed on the forum page. Happy Modding:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to TT and congrats on your new truck.Its good to see another member here from the OC.:cheers:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like your warning there ... hadn't thought of that; will rectify the situation.

Maybe a card that says, "The person who hands you this card is a Police Officer. Don't panic. Lie flat on your back and do everything the Police Officer tells you to do."

Didn't try that when I was 25, but maybe now ... :)

Anyway, if possible, I'd like to confirm that the gear ratios are 3.827, 2.368, 1.519, 1.000, and 0.834 for 1st through 5th. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!

- Greg

·
Registered
805 Posts
Congrats on ur new Titan and welcome to TT!

I used to live in SoCal for 16 years, Anaheim, HB, Santa Ana...then moved back to my home state of CT!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts