Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I am now the proud owner of a Titan CC SE 4x4! I picked it up at the dealer about 4 hours ago. I love it! I'm coming from a 95 Ford F150 (bought new). I have to say, I am nothing but impressed with the Titan! Being a Ford guy, I would never have tought I'd be buying a Nissan truck, but man they sure got it right with the Titan. Price, power, comfort, options, accessories and looks. The Titan hit the bulls-eye. I sure am glad I found you guys. This site is a great resource. Here she is moments before I drove her off the lot. :teethmast

BTW, in Richmond, VA.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,753 Posts
She's a beauty fish_head!

Welcome to our happy Titan family!

Great color choice!

Happy motoring! :cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats man. It's a beauty. I hope to get mine this weekend or the first of the week. I would be lie'in if I didn't say I was a bit jealous!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hearty congrats to you, fish-head!!! That's a mighty sharp Titan, and your love affair with it is just beginning! Welcome to TitanTalk! :cheers:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Congrats on the Titan and welcome!

·
Registered
123 Posts
congrats :cheers: , i too am a ford convert. my previous truck was a 1994 ford f-150 w/the 5.0.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea buddy, the F-150 owners that are now Titan playas are coming out the woodwork. I had a 94 F-150. Welcome to the party.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha! So I guess you other Ford guys struggled with the same internal conflicts I did in the beginning! I was feeling a little guilty for switching camps, but all of that is completely gone now. Especially after my drive to work this morning :)

Question, how long, if at all, should I wait before putting my first coat of wax on her?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congratulations on on your new Titan!
I myself am a '02 Tundra convert.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Congratulations fish_head, you have made a great change. In time Nissan is going to cut into the full-size truck segment in a big way, at least that's my opinion.

So to all those who struggled with the decision don't forget this little fact. By buying Nissan you have sent a great deal of money into the economy in Mississippi, had you bought Ford the money would have gone to Canada. Nissan is more American than Ford, a little fact that I just love!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Quad T said:
Congratulations fish_head, you have made a great change. In time Nissan is going to cut into the full-size truck segment in a big way, at least that's my opinion.

So to all those who struggled with the decision don't forget this little fact. By buying Nissan you have sent a great deal of money into the economy in Mississippi, had you bought Ford the money would have gone to Canada. Nissan is more American than Ford, a little fact that I just love!
I should take a little acception to that quote!? Being from Canada, that was a shot at me. We both live in North AMERICA. Should I have bought the Ford because some of them are made up here? The F-150 is also made in plants in the states and maybe mexico. Also, many parts come from China. I have read somewhere that there are more North American parts in the Titan than in any of the Big 3 trucks.

We are neighbours so take at shot at China or somewhere else and leave off canada please!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
keane said:
The F-150 is also made in plants in the states and maybe mexico.
A lot of them are made in Norfolk, VA.

·
Registered
58 Posts
keane said:
...I should take a little acception to that quote!? ...
Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder?

LOL pun intended?

While the info and expertise on this forum is invaluable, the grammar is so bad that it can be tough to read and infer context on many posts.

Your (posses) is not the same as You're (You are) :jester:

Their There They're etc...

·
Registered
105 Posts
keane said:
I should take a little acception to that quote!? Being from Canada, that was a shot at me. We both live in North AMERICA. Should I have bought the Ford because some of them are made up here? The F-150 is also made in plants in the states and maybe mexico. Also, many parts come from China. I have read somewhere that there are more North American parts in the Titan than in any of the Big 3 trucks.

We are neighbours so take at shot at China or somewhere else and leave off canada please!
Keane

You are sooooo right! I bought the Titan because is the best truck in it's class! And I do not deride my neighbours to the south of us. I spend a good deal of my money and leasure time in the USA and am sure that one person's views do not reflect that of the majority! Come on people, life is too short to ruffle the feathers of our neighbour! Have a great day all you Titaneers!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
662 Posts
fish_head said:
Question, how long, if at all, should I wait before putting my first coat of wax on her?
I've always heard 1 1/2 to months after it was PAINTED. Gives the paint time to cure. Chances are you don't have wait long after your purchase since after it was painted it was shipped and then may have sat on the dealers lot for a while. Just check your build date on the truck and wait a month or two and you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts