Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 Titan SE Crew Cab and want to upgrade the non-RF system. I am adding audio and video components, and I am not an expert at this stuff.

Pretty sure I'll buy:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT DVD receiver w/Metra Axxess steering wheel control module, Metra Double Din kit, Nissan Stereo Wire Harness

Myron and Davis dropdown AVS185 monitor (from tech12volt)

Considering:

Memphis 1" Tweeters for dash
Memphis 3 way 6x9's
Memphis 3 way 6.5's
Alpine MRP-f300 4 channel amp

Dreaming:

Tech12volt's Boston G1 8-inch sub and a Re Audio xt800.2v2 sub amplifier package deal for an under front seat enclosure

Questions

1)Are these good components? Any harsh criticism?
2) Is the sub box too much or not needed?
3) Do I need the dash tweets if I get quality 3 ways in the doors?
4) Can the Pioneer DVD show video on the rear screen (it's a separate video output) if car is moving? I think so.
5) Is the amp too weiny for the speakers? Do I even need an amp with this head unit?

Any input and ridicule welcomed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and a really dumb question:

6) I lose the 6 CD in-dash changer with the new Pioneer, right?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yes, the Pioneer replaces the stock radio. You might ask tech12volt about his CDT deals and mdf mounting adapters for the doors. With high power comps, you should consider adding sound deadening to doors, floor & rear cab wall for best results. I also pulled new speaker wires through the door boots.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did consider new wiring but felt the factory wiring should be OK given my other components aren't professional grade competition pieces. Is that a bad assumption?

I didn't even consider deadening, that's way beyond my thought process. Is this going to rattle and shake too much without it? or sound tinny?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
It will sound better with sound deadening. Also doing floors and rear cab wall cuts the exhaust noise substantially. This is very helpful when the exhaust manifolds eventually and inevitably crack and you replace them with headers, Berk B-pipes and cat-back exhaust.

Ask tech12volt about Memphis vs. CDT AUDIO FRONT AND REAR COM626 PACKAGE and ask if he has any deals on them. They were $299 with "trade in" (some cheap piece of junk?).

Speaker wire: WIRE

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome! I have a new money pit.

Now praise or rip my components!

How long does tech12volt take to ship, based on everyone's experience? They have great products and prices on their website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts