Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to chatting on the forum.

I traded off my Ram as the lifters were failing and created a deadly engine knock.

I bought a 2018 Titan with the V8 and it only has 17,000kms!

I am new to Nissan/Titan

I have a few questions I was hoping to get some help with.

-Is there certain filters and oils that the Titan prefers?

-Any additives that would benefit the lifespan of the diffs, trans etc?

-I would like to put a 3-4 lift. Anyone have some input on a good body or suspension lift?

Any other tips, common issues etc would be greatly appreciate.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
747 Posts
expand my responses in BOLD 😀
Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to chatting on the forum.

I traded off my Ram as the lifters were failing and created a deadly engine knock.

I bought a 2018 Titan with the V8 and it only has 17,000kms!

I am new to Nissan/Titan

I have a few questions I was hoping to get some help with.

-Is there certain filters and oils that the Titan prefers?

Stick with OEM filters (you can buy them at the dealer or online for $5-$6 US) and service manual spec’d oil 0W-20.

-Any additives that would benefit the lifespan of the diffs, trans etc?

Stick with full synthetic HIGH quality and skip ALL additives.

-I would like to put a 3-4 lift. Anyone have some input on a good body or suspension lift?

Icon is the only “true” OEM lift for Titan. Search on the forum for them and you can buy them from thebassn8tr for $2,000 US. Gives 3” of lift with new UCAs and everything needed. Otherwise Rough country is a solid budget 3” lift. Go bigger than that, expect to spend big bucks.

Any other tips, common issues etc would be greatly appreciate.

Early second Gens have a known issue with cylinder #7 scoring and developing a knock. If you still have warranty, see if you can get a dealer to scope the cylinder wall and inspect for scoring or issues so it doesn't become your HUGE expense of a new short block. Plenty of posts on what to look for and issues, but overall solid trucks and you will love it.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
I'll add that if you'd prefer better than Rough Country but not quite $2k ICON, there are other options in between. Dirt King and others make UCAs which give added clearance, and a host of quality billet aluminum spacers are available. You can use whatever shocks you like, but I am a huge fan of the Bilstein 5100s on the front of my 2011. If you go 3", get or make extended sway bar links. For the rear, it's as easy as blocks and new u-bolts, and possibly shocks if you go high enough to need additional length. Oh, and check your pinion angle when you're done to see if you need some shims.

Reactions: SeanDavy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nissan oil filters are made by Wix. I usually use Napa Gold filter (which are also made by Wix) and Napa full synthetic. I've done a lot of work on my 18' Titan. I've installed a Iron Cross steel bumper, towing kit, and Sumo springs. Now it's great tow vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts