Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up guys. Been a registered member here for years but finally purchased a Titan. Though it isn't really what I was expecting to buy. It's a 2004 XE King cab 4x4. I went to the dealer with the intentions of purchasing a '11 Crew Cab SV 4x4. Unfortunately the dealer and I couldn't meet expectations on my trade in and I was walking away. I saw this truck and just started kicking around the idea of a used one, not this one in particular but it worked out. It's got 37,000 miles, one owner, practically brand new inside and out, and a service history that goes beyond Obsessive Compulsive. After some conversation and about 10 minutes that was that. $12,000 and they took my old truck on trade and I got to keep my car. I am thoroughly impressed so far. The best part about this not being a 2011 is now I don't have to listen to my wife complain about mods ;) and with a truck payment that's next to nothing i'll have more money too! Yes it's muddy, my ride home just happened to take me past a trail or two :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
congrats on the purchase im sure u wont b disappointed. keep us posted as u add mods.

Reactions: Elbowoodscout

·
Registered
984 Posts
I came into this thread thinking you were about to bash the Titan.

Glad to see you like it, get that thing lifted and some new wheels! :teethmast

Edit: btw...front passenger tire looks a little low

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL thanks fella's. Already checking out the lift idea, as well as wheels and tires. Stopped at Summit Racing on the way home from the dealer to check out wheels and tires as well as an intake. I can't wait to get started, but first I need a hitch so I can get my boat to the lake all summer!

Reactions: Citadel

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Very nice sir, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
18 Posts
not sure what kinda wheels your lookin for if you wanna upgrade but keep the stock look im selling my five spoke wheels that were only on my truck for two weeks cause i got new ones. There the stock 18's non smoked. PM if your interested

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I came into this thread thinking you were about to bash the Titan.

Glad to see you like it, get that thing lifted and some new wheels! :teethmast

Edit: btw...front passenger tire looks a little low
X2.... :hi:

welcome to the fam... and some 5100 and some rims and it should look way better... have fun. start checking the post on some basic mods and keep us posted on your progress...

·
Registered
233 Posts
+1 for buying used and save a buck or two, if your looking to just can them steel wheels check out the for sale section, lots of oem 17s and 18s and LE 20s there. When you buy the hitch your gonna need a wiring harness and the relays. I found them all together with the harness plug and play (7+4pin) here Nissan Titan Trailer Wiring Harness - 2009 | etrailer.com. Welcome to TT

Reactions: Scooty Puff Jr.

·
Premium Member
58,752 Posts
Congratulations of the truck. BTW, great screen name. I'll bet there's an interesting story behind it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations of the truck. BTW, great screen name. I'll bet there's an interesting story behind it.
Of course there is...ever seen the show Futurama? If not Scooty puff Jr. is a space mini bike that goes about 2 miles an hour....eventually it's upgraded to the Scooty Puff 2000...same mini bike that goes about the speed of light! Story of my life ;)

·
Premium Member
58,752 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have never seen it. I quit watching cartoons when the Bugs Bunny Road Runner hour went off TV.
LOL, same would be true for me had I not been bored at 2am watching comedy central. Looney Tunes are still the best, new cartoons are garbage.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
LOL thanks fella's. Already checking out the lift idea, as well as wheels and tires. Stopped at Summit Racing on the way home from the dealer to check out wheels and tires as well as an intake. I can't wait to get started, but first I need a hitch so I can get my boat to the lake all summer!

You might want to swap the spring shackles for some 2008+ as the early year shackles tend to unroll and send the spring through the bed.

·
Registered
720 Posts
This may sound a little odd, but ...

When checking prices for the hitch, check with your dealer to see what kind of price they will give you. The OEM hitch from Nissan comes with the wiring harness built in and the relays.

I bought my hitch from elsewhere shortly after I bought my truck. I had to also buy the wiring harness and find a place to mount the plug. I also had to get the relays.

When I added up the prices, I found it would have actually been cheaper to have gotten the OEM hitch from Nissan.

This may not be the case now, as my T is a used 2007 and I bought it at the end of 2007.

Congrats on the T.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats on the truck! An '04 with 37,000 miles is a killer find. My 2010 is at 14K. Previous owner must have only drove the T on weekends. :eyebrow:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This may sound a little odd, but ...

When checking prices for the hitch, check with your dealer to see what kind of price they will give you. The OEM hitch from Nissan comes with the wiring harness built in and the relays.

I bought my hitch from elsewhere shortly after I bought my truck. I had to also buy the wiring harness and find a place to mount the plug. I also had to get the relays.

When I added up the prices, I found it would have actually been cheaper to have gotten the OEM hitch from Nissan.

This may not be the case now, as my T is a used 2007 and I bought it at the end of 2007.

Congrats on the T.
Funny thing is I tried to get them to do it. The dealer told me no! They told me that they were going to charge me almost $500 for it and then they told me to go to Uhaul and have them do it for $250. He even called their local Uhaul store and got the quote for everything. It actually came to $267 and change after taxes and installation. I was shocked. Of course I know nothing of Uhaul's hitches as I have only ever used Reese or Valley. They were unclear of all the details of the hitch and setup except that it was a class 3 with 2 inch receiver. So I told them I would get back to them. I have been checking out everything the past day or so.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on the truck! An '04 with 37,000 miles is a killer find. My 2010 is at 14K. Previous owner must have only drove the T on weekends. :eyebrow:
Seriously I was trying to figure out exactly when he drove it! It was purchased in February of 2004 and traded in March of 2011....7 years and 37,000 miles....that's 5285 miles a year! I guess searching every day for 6 months didn't really pay off...since I found this by accident. Though I do have to say they had their 2011 CC SV 4x4 for 27,980 which was the cheapest I had seen within 200 miles of me. If they had given me a tad more for my trade I'd be driving that instead.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a UHaul hitch and have no problems. Good Hitch

Reactions: Scooty Puff Jr.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like a good buy to me, best of all you can make it look lean and mean. Jumping in on the hitch subject, I scored mine from a Farm equipment store. Farm and Fleet (midwest thing?) my hitch was around 230 and had found the harness (7 pin) and relays on etrailer too, found the threads on that last summer. Way better then Stealership, was kinda disappointed on this part, YOU would think a hitch on a truck is a standard deal!! but hey guess thats me tho.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts