Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently bought a 2008 Titan 4x4 and have noted 2 issues. 1. Gas guage is way off and will cause you to run out of gas until you realize you need to set trip and ignore guage 馃榿. 2. No cruise- light won鈥檛 even come on and traction control button to left of steering wheel is lit up and won鈥檛 go off. I researched the site but most cruise control issues appear to involve a bad clock spring and horn issues. My horn works fine. I messed with the pedal switch and it appears to be operating properly. I suspect i will have to change out the cruise control module in the steering wheel but wanted some educated opinions before I order the $200 part. Appreciate any info!

Attachments

Registered
If your traction control light is on, that could foul your cruise. See if there are any codes (like a bad wheel sensor or some such) and resolve that. I suspect it is not the cruise module, but I'm just diagnosing across the internet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your traction control light is on, that could foul your cruise. See if there are any codes (like a bad wheel sensor or some such) and resolve that. I suspect it is not the cruise module, but I'm just diagnosing across the internet.
my code reader didn鈥檛 show any codes..and it鈥檚 the actual button that is lit up. Nothing on my display??

Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
oh, not the light on the gage cluster (not sure if that's where it is on a first gen, its on the speedo on a second gen)?

cruise control has a lot of things that must work to engage. brake light switch at the pedal, wheel sensors, maybe a switch on the throttle body or something similar. lots of small things don't show up as codes so you will have to check piece by piece

Registered
If it's the actual button, there is a fault somewhere in the traction control system. You may have to get a more in depth code reader, or look at the factory service manual (available for free pdf download if you search the internet) for the diagnostic procedure for the traction control and cruise control.

Registered
'06 LE 4x4 BT: TravelLite 770R truck camper: Firestone Ride-Rite air springs: Hellwig rear sway bar
I agree with the others. Those types of things usually don't fail and I would assume that if you have any errors going on that they are the most likely cause of the malfunctioning cruise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts