Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought a 2010 Nissan Titan last night and since this is my first Titan I had a couple of questions I was hoping to get some answers on.

First, what do most of you sit at while at idle? I'm at about 550 rps and I've had Fords in the past which sit around 650 so it seemed kinda low to me, but it is a different manufacture so I thought I'd ask.

Second, This truck came with aftermarket rim's, wheels, and a lift kit and I noticed when I slow down sometimes it's kinda loud/a little rough feeling, is this just the bigger tires? I've never had tires this big or a lift kit either.

And Last, When I hit dips or big bumps in the road I can hear a thud which sounds like it's coming from the back and I was wondering is this just the lift kit? the truck only has 8,000 miles on it so the lift kit can't be that old, I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.

Thanks for reading this and thanks for answering any questions!.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have an 08with 23000 and i idle the same as you so i think ur good...as for the lift questions cant help much their never had a lifted titan

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
The clunk you have could be the tailgate, lots of them even when closed, still clunk. i think you can tighten somethin up that will fix this. the rough feeling is prolly your tires, especially if they are mud terrains or aggressive all terrains, they might need to be rotated too....You should post pics of your truck!!

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Congrats and welcome! What kind of tires are they? I had a similar problem with my old lifted titan with mud grapps but not exactly like you're saying your problem is

Also all four of my titans (past and present) have idled about 500ish

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, and titanupgirl I'm not sure what the size of the tires are exactly (it was dark when I got home) but they are Toyo Rough Countrys and the rims are 20's.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think the clunk could also be the drop-in plastic bedliner if thats what you have. It does the the same thing on my truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I do have the plastic bedliner which I'm going to change out soon. It's really loose, I screwed down the two ends by the tailgate and thats helped a little I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts