Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from South Jersey. I just bought a 2008 Titan 4x4 in Timberline Green....and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! I traded in a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500, which I only owned for 5 months because it was the worst truck I ever drove in my life. The Titan is exponentially better in damn near every imaginable category.

As far as my plans for the Titan....I plan on keeping it pretty close to stock. I would LOVE to lift it, but I don't want to suffer the loss in MPG. I am going to put the Bilstein Leveling shocks on as well as some more aggressive tires...probably a nice mud terrain. I'm installing my XM radio this week and am probably going to order a bull bar next week. I think they make the Titans look pretty mean. I will certainly post pictures upon completion of each project. I look forward to learning from all of you seasoned Titan owners.

-Lou

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congrats on the truck and welcome to TT!!

Reactions: LMartelli77

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! Welcome!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Congrats on the truck and welcome.. lots of good people here and plenty of information...
Take a moment and research BEDLINER and purchase a few cans.. you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Contrats on the purchase and welcome! I'll just go ahead and be the first one to push you to spend some extra money haha. you said that you want to lift it but dont want to lose mpg...well if you're going to put a m/t tire on there, chances are you're already going to lose some mileage just from that. Its the weight of the tire that causes the loss in mileage, not the actual lift. but it all depends on how much lift you had in mind. Goodluck with whatever you decide to do either way you'll love it and most likely become addicted to TT

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Welcome to TT. Good luck with your mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
!!!WELCOME!!!
2.5 inch leveling kit and a little bigger tires, it gave my truck an aggresive look and i was very happpy with the before and after. I would like to see your b4 and after also so post up some pictures when ur done!

Before procomp 2.5 leveling kit

After

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! I was hesitant to level my 07 and when I traded it in for my 11 which came with one, I was like wow, I love it. Then I was hesitant to lift it but did and I love it....just working out a few kinks but otherwise love the stance.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I am in South Jersey and recently purchased a Titan too (3/2011). Maybe I'll bump into you one day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on your purchase! I am in South Jersey and recently purchased a Titan too (3/2011). Maybe I'll bump into you one day.
Nice...I'm in Sewell, Gloucester Co. Where abouts in SJ do you live?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
As far as my plans for the Titan....I plan on keeping it pretty close to stock.
Famous last words!! Welcome to TT. I was going to keep my T pretty much stock too, people on here are a bad influence, lol. Here's a picture of my truck last Oct when I brought it home intending to keep it stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Famous last words!! Welcome to TT. I was going to keep my T pretty much stock too, people on here are a bad influence, lol. Here's a picture of my truck last Oct when I brought it home intending to keep it stock.
LOL....you probably have a point! By the way....nice T...before and after!

·
Premium Member
44,878 Posts
Welcome to TT...from Central Jersey!

You'll mod, this place is pure evil to stock trucks :D ...

BTW, tire tread will effect your MPG more than the weight of the tire....it is your friction with the road and the air that impacts mileage either positive or negatively from the base vehicle. adding a 100lbs to a 5500 lb vehicle isnt meaning much at all

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to TT...from Central Jersey!

You'll mod, this place is pure evil to stock trucks :D ...

BTW, tire tread will effect your MPG more than the weight of the tire....it is your friction with the road and the air that impacts mileage either positive or negatively from the base vehicle. adding a 100lbs to a 5500 lb vehicle isnt meaning much at all
Good to know....

So, a 285/70 R17 BFG Mud Terrain (59lbs) will get less mpg than an All-Terrain (59lbs) in the same size and same weight? Interesting.......

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome and Nice truck and btw what dodge did you have a cummins or hemi, and Why didnt you like it?

·
Premium Member
44,878 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BTW If you have an 08, you should have 18" rims
Thanks...I know. I was just using that tire size because they were the same size in both tire models. I don't think they make same size AT's and MT's in a 18" rim.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts