Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to buy a Titan or a ......?

My question is - those of you with Titans, does the agressive exaust note bug you or someone else in your family that uses the Titan? I like the rumble, but I'm worried that after a month, my spousal unit will give me the "ugh, too loud!".

Whaddya think?

HS

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
We like it and it didn't appear to bother my son too much either.

Momma just does the Tim Taylor thing when she or I put a lil foot in it. At speed on the freeway though, a light radio will take care of it.

Chris

·
Registered
147 Posts
HS,

I was worried about the same thing since I occassionally get migraines, but the sound is about perfect. The wife hasn't said anything that it's loud to her, and she wouldn't be into the "throaty sound".

I'm waiting for the day when I have a migraine to see if I think it's too loud then, but so far it's great.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Half Shovel said:

My question is - those of you with Titans, does the agressive exaust note bug you or someone else in your family that uses the Titan? I like the rumble, but I'm worried that after a month, my spousal unit will give me the "ugh, too loud!".

Whaddya think?

HS

Get the Rockford Fosgate system and just turn it up. That should cover ya. :teethmast

I personally love the sound. If you take a lot of long trips (2 hours plus) your ears might get a little drummed out after a while, but nothing a quick opening of the windows can't cure. And after having my Titan i can imagine ever having a vehicle without the rumble. :gunz:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Just like Heavy Metal, IF IT'S TO LOUD, your to old!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I like the loudness. I can't help "gooseing" it when I'm around a Tundra, Hemi, or Z71. I let them know of my presence.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Half Shovel said:

Whaddya think?

HS
I love the sound! I think they are too quiet! When i get mine the first thing i will do is throw true duals on it!! then she will sound the way God intended every V8 to sound! :upsidedow

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds perfect! The first thing I usually do with a new truck is get a louder exhaust. Even though the factory one is a bit softer than an aftermarket one...it still turns heads as it growls past someone..nice

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
AfroCreame. said:
Sounds perfect! The first thing I usually do with a new truck is get a louder exhaust. Even though the factory one is a bit softer than an aftermarket one...it still turns heads as it growls past someone..nice
Hey AfroCreame,

I love that picture of you. Is that your everyday attire or are you a fellow Louisianian dressed for Mardi Gras? I just gotta know!

Robert

·
Registered
47 Posts
iF U LIKE THE RUMBLE, PUT ON A FLOW MASTER LIKE I DID SOUNDS AWESOME, MAY BE A LITTLE TO LOUD FOR SOME OF YOU ALL THOUGH

·
Registered
780 Posts
music

just right

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it sounds awesome. I haven't heard it from outside the truck yet, but from my listening position I think it sounds just right...

·
Registered
330 Posts
#12 Today, 12:05 AM
Don
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2004

iF U LIKE THE RUMBLE, PUT ON A FLOW MASTER LIKE I DID SOUNDS AWESOME, MAY BE A LITTLE TO LOUD FOR SOME OF YOU ALL THOUGH

Don, I would love to hear that truck! How much was it ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm thinking the exhaust is just about right, so far.
It mellows out a pretty good while at cruising speed,
and acts appropriately when gunning it :gunz:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
metalheads and loud exaust

Derwud said:
Just like Heavy Metal, IF IT'S TO LOUD, you're to old!
OK Derwud, let's test how much of a metal head you really are...where is the ORIGIN of that saying? It is actually a copyrighted motto...

Half Shovel (also metal head)

P.S. Oh yeah, back to this thread....I think I'd love the rumble, I'm just wondering about spouses, inlaws, etc. Wanted to see if there's been any "rumblings" from them!

:cheers:

·
Registered
780 Posts
my wife like it

she like the rumble. likes the stero even better

·
Registered
47 Posts
The entire flow master with duals and chrome tips installed for 250.00 here at the local muffler shop in el paso texas !!!, working on the pics and a mpeg, will post soon

1 - 20 of 50 Posts