Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I'd share my weekend experience with bugshields for my Titan. Keep in mind this is only my opinion.

I quickly discovered a bug shield is a wise investment in terms of saving the hood's finish. I stopped at Autozone and ordered a AVS Bugshield 2 for $49. After a few days it arrived and out of the box it looked cool. However, I was disappointed that mounting required the use of double-sided tape. The included mounting hardware was not compatable w/ the factory holes under the hood. I did install the shield using the tape, but it seemed pretty flimsy, especially the ends.

I returned the shield and called my local Nissan dealer. They had an OEM shield in stock that I bought for $85.00- IMHO money well spent. It fits perfectly and secures to the hood using rock solid hardware. I'd recommend the OEM shield to any new Titan owner who doesn't mind spending the extra $30 to get a superior product.

·
Registered
154 Posts
matt33 said:
I thought I'd share my weekend experience with bugshields for my Titan. Keep in mind this is only my opinion.

I quickly discovered a bug shield is a wise investment in terms of saving the hood's finish. I stopped at Autozone and ordered a AVS Bugshield 2 for $49. After a few days it arrived and out of the box it looked cool. However, I was disappointed that mounting required the use of double-sided tape. The included mounting hardware was not compatable w/ the factory holes under the hood. I did install the shield using the tape, but it seemed pretty flimsy, especially the ends.

I returned the shield and called my local Nissan dealer. They had an OEM shield in stock that I bought for $85.00- IMHO money well spent. It fits perfectly and secures to the hood using rock solid hardware. I'd recommend the OEM shield to any new Titan owner who doesn't mind spending the extra $30 to get a superior product.
do you have pics....i am thinking of getting a low profile bug shield....

·
Registered
440 Posts
I should have gotten the OEM as well, but I had pretty good luck with the AVS Bugflector 2 on past vehicles. I ended up drilling the holes under the lip of the hood, and it all looks good now. However, if I did it again, I'd get the OEM because of the hardware, just like the OEM sunroof wind deflector that I ended up taking off my truck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acflye said:
do you have pics....i am thinking of getting a low profile bug shield....
I'll get some pic's up ASAP. Message when I tried to post pic's said I need at least 15 posts before I can.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I bought a LUND, and am happy with it. Uses the factory holes in the hood also.

·
Super Moderator
93,867 Posts
I've been looking at a Stainless Steel one from b u r t m a n industries.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bbomar said:
There was a Titan with a Lund shield at the dealership when I picked up the OEM one. It looked very nice and seemed solid. I knew the OEM required no drilling and I wasn't sure about the Lund. At that point I figured I'd just get the one I wanted and not second guess.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got the Stampede. Mounted in exsisting holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
bbomar said:
Same here.... got a clear and had it painted to match the body of the truck... good info on the post... it's a pain if they don't line up.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had an oem one and was very happy with it. I just ordered one from weathertech crossing my fingers that it is gonna be good.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I got the OEM and it fits wesome, very secure. I like how it curves with the hood.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here's the OEM shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I have the OEM shield, I am very happy with it. Fits well and no flutter at high speeds. I need to repaint the screws though as the paint has began to chip of them.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Here's a clear Lund painted to match.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts