Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
08 P4X, New to me since 2016
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased an 08 pro 4x Titan with tow package and locking rear differential. Crew cab. It has 9100 miles on it. What should I be on the lookout for to be fixed?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I assume you mean 91k?

·
Registered
106 Posts
from what I've read there are a few key parts that fail on the titans. Cracked exhaust manifolds are gonna happen, just a matter of when. External trans cooler is a good idea to add and bypass the radiator because the radiators crack internally and cause the trans fluid and coolant to mix which is a real bad thing. Rear diff vent mod is a good idea to help prevent the axle seals from failing or water getting in. another one i would personally add is to keep up on your wax over your clear coat. the past owner of mine didn't and im paying the price currently having to polish it out to bring back the shine. its working pretty well though. These can all be found just by browsing the forum or using the search bar to find the "How to's". Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, also thinking of doing after market front and rear bumpers something from fab four. Also nerf bars and a winch and leveling my front or a 2in lift.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone I'm back up here after along hiatus. So to update everyone my 08 Titan Pro4x is look good. Mods that I have done so far:
1. 2in front leveling kit.
2. Bilstein 5100s on front and rear.
3. Volant Cai.
4. New magflow exhaust install. (The old one rusted out).
5. An Iron Cross front bumper. Iron Cross Automotive 22-915-04 Heavy Duty Front Bumper with Push Bar for Nissan Titan. (I had to get a weld since it was not an exact fit for the Pro4x).
6. LED fog lights for said bumper.
7. 12,500lb electric warn winch for said bumper.
8. Fab Four bolt on roof rack with the light housing faceplate.
9. Four 40watt vision X lights for the sides of the roof rack. (2 each side).
10. Four 25watt vision X light Cannon for the front faceplate of the roof rack.
11. Full length step bars. (For my vertically challenged wife).
12. Aftermarket fender flares.
13.Spyder Auto PRO-YD-NTI04-HL-SM head lights.
14. Optima Yellow top deep cycle battery.

If I had photos. I would post them to share. Hoping to do more work on it when I get back CONUS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts