Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and besides my sisters altima new to Nissan. I recently purchased a 04 Nissan Titan 4x4 Crew Cab Off-Road and have a 97 Jeep Wrangler. I kinda quickly purchased this Titan when I found one i like since used ones in my price range don't come around often or last long around here, especially equiped like this one. So I didn't do the researched that I would have like, but I still love my Titan.

My question is, the service engine soon light came on. Coming on quickly after hitting 42000 miles, I assuming its an automatic thing that happens then. I plan on changing my own oil as i do with the Jeep, so is there a real need for me to have it checked out? Is there something I should be looking out for? Is there a way to get the light to go off besides disconnecting the battery for a few minutes?

Is it best to just the oil and filter that the dealer uses, or just go with something good like Mobile 1 or something. What is most recommended?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
First welcome to TT!

Use the search feature, it helps.
Instructions on how to get the code yourself Here

Or, you can get it at Autozone I guess, but if the light is on, it means something. May turn out to be not important, but you don't know until you check.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Oh, search for oil filters too, I think there is someone here with just about every kind out there.
I like K&N Filters, Castrol Sytec Blend myself. Lots out there on Mobil1.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i am gonna go with Amsoil synthetic and filter
but at your milage i think i would check with them first i understand that THAT synth cleans your engine so well the carbon and other crap in it will clogg up the pump (i'm probably not explaining correctly)
good luck

ooh... and i think the light came on as a check up thing
but see if you can clear the code
by the way
i am starting a new site
it is a forum like this one but i am an off-roader (if money will alow)

come take a look linky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts