Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my '10 Titan a month ago. It's my first full size truck and my first 4x4. I plan to drive it as my daily driver but the main reason for it is to tow my boat. Or as I tell everyone: I need it to tow my yacht to regattas. I sail a 24' keel boat and just tow it twice a year so far but now that I have a good truck I may take it other places for regattas.

I've been driving a Mazda B2300 that I got new in '97 and will keep it. But driving the Titan is a new experience. I always had my foot deep in the Mazda to get where I needed to get and still got 25 mpg. Now I have to be real gentle on the accelerator. The power is impressive. Got 14 mpg so far.
Mike

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the knowledge contained here. Good luck keeping your foot out of it ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congrats and welcom.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where does one sail a 24' boat in regattas in the Willamette Valley? Up in the Cascades or perhaps on the Columbia or are you a salt water guy, then never mind. Spent a long time in Eugene and Astoria. Anyway welcome to Titan world! Don't expect to see 25 mpg ever again...........:)

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Welcome!! It's extremely hard to keep the foot outta that pedal. I drive city and occasionally highway, I average around 11, if I take it easy, around 13+. But It's too hard to take it easy for an entire tank. You'll love the pulling power once you get that boat behind you as well, just check out the towing section to see some of the stuff that people have! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where does one sail a 24' boat in regattas in the Willamette Valley? Up in the Cascades or perhaps on the Columbia or are you a salt water guy, then never mind. Spent a long time in Eugene and Astoria. Anyway welcome to Titan world! Don't expect to see 25 mpg ever again...........:)
Salt Water. We sail out of Newport and mostly stay in the bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts