Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..

I am a big fan of the Titan "idhitit2:and am highly considering getting one. I hope to get a LE with NAV and 4x4 if I can swing it, but am seriously worried about GAS... I drive a Civic right now so pretty much anything is going to be more in gas, just curious to know how far you all can go on a full tank of gas and how much that costs.. Also do any of you have subwoofers in there?

Thanks for all of the help I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Titans the best bang for the buck, sure the others out now are better then it here and their but over all no. Plus when I bought my 08.5 I got it for 11K off the sticker I am sure you can get them cheaper now.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I have squeezed almost 24mpg out of mine doing about 65 on a 1000 mile trip. Around town with a mix of driving I get about 15mg which isn't bad for a full sized truck and considering I'm not always the most economical driver. I wouldn't trade the Titan for anything but another Titan though.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
I've done my gas mileage the past four tanks. The first three were pre-exhaust change and before changing my fluids over to Royal Purple and using Seafoam. The last one was today. They were, in order: 13.2, 13.7, 13.4, and 14.5. The 13.4 was half before/half after the exhaust change over. All are under the same city/highway conditions (about half and half). I usually get gas every 240 to 260 miles with the needle about 1/4 to 1/2 between the quarter tank and empty. The last time (14.5, today), I got gas at 278.3 miles. And no, I don't have subwoofers, but I don't think they would affect the gas mileage too much!

EDIT: I checked my gas receipt this morning and I had transposed the numbers for miles above. I got gas at 287.3 actually.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well I would say shock might be the right term for what you will get , in town with big town 2 wheel drive 12-14 , on highway best was 22 average is 18-20 , dont buy for mpg buy for what it can do and the smile it gives when you hit the pedal.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Yeah MPG suck compared to the civic..but they are both different classes. But the MPG for this truck isn't ALL that bad. last few tanks I averaged right about 17mpg city/highway and I'm the type to get heavy on the gas a few times too. JUST in town, I average about 13mpg and that's with a fairly heavy foot. But I tell you what, the truck is a joy to drive. I find myself often just grabbing the keys and going for a drive around the block for no reason at all.

Right now gas is about $1.95 a gallon and I fill up when I reach 1/4 tank so it costs me about $30-35 per fill up.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I call B.S. on anyone who claims 20 mpg with their TITAN. I get 14mpg on a good day in the summer doing 60mph on the highway with my '05 LE 4x4. Usually I get 13 mpg average due to city driving and some heavy acceleration etc. The titan is an awesome truck, but it is not good on gas. If you are worried about gas prices, keep your civic. If you want a sweet truck that looks good, has tonnes of power, and is fun to drive, get a TITAN.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I call BS too. I was getting 16.5-17.5 in my '04 driving about 100 mi/day. My '08 Pro-4X . . . 14.5 hwy on a GREAT day with a nice tailwind. NO way anyone is getting 20 mpg, much less 24 mpg . . . unless you drove the entire trip downhill, coasting at 35 mph! ;)

I agree with a couple others though, in that I didn't buy my Titan for its mpg, I bought it for what I can do with it . . . which is just about anything I want!! :redblob" :)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I didnt buy the truck for the mileage either but the 23.9mpg I got was between Wichita and Atlanta with the cruise set between 63 and 66mph. I did the math the old fashioned way and by the little meter and both were w/in about .5mpg of each other. I was very impressed but havent been able to get the same mileage since then. The trip was very flat overall, the entire 1000miles the truck only downshifted once with the cruise set. Now on the return trip, doing 80+ I was lucky to get about 16.

I will agree that it isn't normal or expected and around town with a mix I do Get about 15mpg. And now that I don't care about paying for gas I get about 17-18 hwy doing 70-75.

That aside, like the others have said, I really could care less what it gets since it's so fun to drive and has all the power when you need it. If you're worried about paying more for gas or that is a deciding factor then you're looking at the wrong type of vehicle. It takes alot to get 5300+ pounds moving as fast as the Titan can do it but I would be willing to bet it will beat the hell out of just about all of the dumb cars you see with their coffe can exhaust that people have put thousands into only to make it half as fast as a stock T. And yet you can still tow the broke down Civic or haul a load of whatever you need when the day is done.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I was very impressed but havent been able to get the same mileage since then.
You probably messed up on your math lol. That would explain why you can't reproduce those results. As was stated before, you wouldn't get 23 mpg unless you were coasting down a hill in neutral.

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
So many mileage haters, so little faith. I can get around 20 MPG in the summer on the highway if I stick to 65 MPH. I've achieved as high as 22.4 using 85 octane gas from Flying J in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Reactions: MayhemMOORE

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I call B.S. on anyone who claims 20 mpg with their TITAN. I get 14mpg on a good day in the summer doing 60mph on the highway with my '05 LE 4x4. Usually I get 13 mpg average due to city driving and some heavy acceleration etc. The titan is an awesome truck, but it is not good on gas. If you are worried about gas prices, keep your civic. If you want a sweet truck that looks good, has tonnes of power, and is fun to drive, get a TITAN.
I have seen 16-20 mpg, between 85-75 mph. unloaded hwy. 12-16 mpg. hovering around tha city's posted speed limits of 60 thru 25 mph.

My '05 XE 4x1 with stock sized street tires might have an advantage of being a little lighter than your better loaded '05 4x4. You say BS, I say I got one badazz truck tricked from the factory. :teeth:

Usmc, if you need to haul or tow something bigger that what could fit in or be dragged by the Civic get the Titan for sure. I totally agree with NB's last sentence.:)

L

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
driving to florida and back I averaged 18.5 mpg 2wd non BT
and I have a sub t the OP
10" kicker L7

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
You probably messed up on your math lol. That would explain why you can't reproduce those results. As was stated before, you wouldn't get 23 mpg unless you were coasting down a hill in neutral.
I can get upwards of 20 but I don't usually travel far very often and if I do I'm in a hurry or have more of a load. The trip to GA was just me, the truck and a small suitcase. My most recent trip to CT and back I had me and my fiance in the truck (and lord knows how much women need to bring) and it was alot of hills with the bed loaded with probably 800lbs and I got between 16 and 18.5 depending on terrain and my speed. It can be done with the ideal conditions, just not that typical.

·
Registered
10 Posts
im on my second titan, first one got totaled when i got sandwiched between the car in front of me and the car behind me which was traveling at 45 mph while i was sitting at a stop. it just felt like i got bumped. i love both of them and would never by any other brand of truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE the truck when I drove it. I just am concerned that I won't be able to afford that much gas. But it sounds like I might be able to. I wasn't asking about the subs affecting the mpg I was asking to see how they fit in the truck. I love how practical the truck can be and how much you can load into and how the interior is so well put together. Thanks for all of your guys's help.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Costs me between $30-40 to fill it up from the light coming on. Thats at about $1.89/gl. I dont think thats bad at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts