Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I just got myself a titan and am new to the truck world. what does gvwr mean? what is it for? what about payload? thanks for the help

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
First, welcome to Titan talk. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating - It is the amount that the vehicle can hold including its own weight. Payload is how much you can put in the bed of the truck and in the cab.

·
Premium Member
58,355 Posts
bigpic87 said:
lets say i were to go over either number, what would happen?
Welcome to TT. You will find lots of good info here.

As far as going over the GVWR, go over it by a small amount (say 10% to 15%)and you won't damage anything but your truck will accelerate slower, take more distance to stop, and need to slow down to negotiate turns. Basically it will drive like a dump truck.

Exceed it by a lot and it will drive like a dump truck and you may break something.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the newbie titan club! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all I am also new to the truck world and just bought an 06 Titan. There is no SE, LE, XE, etc on the back and I was wondering if I bought a 2WD or 4WD. On the steering colomn, where my shifter is I see P R N D 4 3 2 1, I also have a towing package. Thanks for any help

I am also searching for a bed liner and wanted your inputs on spray-on bed liners vs. drop-ins. I would like to put a tonneau cover on it and I like the roll tops. Any suggestions would be great!

-Chris Clark

·
Registered
366 Posts
clarkcm009 said:
Hello all I am also new to the truck world and just bought an 06 Titan. There is no SE, LE, XE, etc on the back and I was wondering if I bought a 2WD or 4WD. On the steering colomn, where my shifter is I see P R N D 4 3 2 1, I also have a towing package. Thanks for any help

I am also searching for a bed liner and wanted your inputs on spray-on bed liners vs. drop-ins. I would like to put a tonneau cover on it and I like the roll tops. Any suggestions would be great!

-Chris Clark
C'mon... You bought a truck without knowing if it's 2 or 4WD? Cute...

Spray on bedliners get my vote...

Oh, welcome to TT...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts