Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been drooling over these boats ever since they were released, and I finally got a chance to buy one two weeks ago.

Its a 2007 Sea Doo Speedster Wake, with 430HP. I low balled the guy and luckily he went for it. Couple minor problems have popped up, but luckily I have a friend who is an automotive electrician and he was able to sort them out quickly and for free.

This is the heaviest thing I have hauled with the Titan, I think its around 3700 lbs. Far from the full towing capacity of the truck, but I definitely knew it was there. I don't have the tow package, so I think I am going to be adding some tow mirrors real quick to help with seeing around this thing in traffic.

I am pretty glad I added the deaver C-10 spring pack.

Reactions: vilim12

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Looks great!! Now what would be bad a$$ is matching rims on the trailer. Color match the top of the boat to the truck with the red graphics.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Looks good Bro!! have fun

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
58,743 Posts
Water skiing in Manitoba. You are a lot tougher than me.

·
Registered
869 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
That last pic looks great. Sweet boat! I'm surprised Bills hasn't chimed in yet

Reactions: vilim12

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Water skiing in Manitoba. You are a lot tougher than me.
Air temperature this weekend is supposed to hit 91.4 degrees Fahrenheit, and with the humidex that goes up to 111.2 degrees Fahrenheit.

We live in a land of temperature extremes.

Can't wait to get out on the water this weekend.

Oh and btw, I finally own something thats worse on gas than the Titan. The fuel tank holds 166 liters (or 44 gallons) and if your playing hard you can use it up in an hour. :bangit:

·
Premium Member
75,878 Posts
Oh and btw, I finally own something thats worse on gas than the Titan. The fuel tank holds 166 liters (or 44 gallons) and if your playing hard you can use it up in an hour. :bangit:
congratulations and welcome to the throw money in the water club. :)

it could be worse you know:

twin 260 mercruisers (350 chevy)

thankfully it's my old man's boat, and he fuels it!

*see other threads about my towing disclaimer* :rofl:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And I thought my boat made my truck look small, lol. How does your truck do pulling that one? It costs so much to own a boat, but its worth it somehow. I think I like the fact that you can entertain so many people at once with it. I was out messing around with my boat jumping some wakes and stuff and I had some people on the dock ask for rides, lol. :redblob"

congratulations and welcome to the throw money in the water club. :)

it could be worse you know:

twin 260 mercruisers (350 chevy)

thankfully it's my old man's boat, and he fuels it!

*see other threads about my towing disclaimer* :rofl:

·
Registered
869 Posts
And I thought my boat made my truck look small, lol. How does your truck do pulling that one? It costs so much to own a boat, but its worth it somehow. I think I like the fact that you can entertain so many people at once with it. I was out messing around with my boat jumping some wakes and stuff and I had some people on the dock ask for rides, lol. :redblob"
Where do you take it?

·
Premium Member
58,743 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts

·
Premium Member
75,878 Posts
Surprisingly well. The total pull is close to 14k lbs, 3k of trailer with surge brakes. The trailer is taking on the load and the truck provides the haulage. Pulling it about a mile down the road where it's stored isn't so bad if you maintain safe speeds and distance. I sure do wish I had big tow mirrors though. (26' welcraft, 10' beam)

I was a bit nervous the first time I pulled it up the ramp but the truck handled it with no issue. It's a concrete ramp with little to no algae. My dad suggested putting the truck in 4wd to split the load between the axles but I didn't think that was a good idea unless neccessary after a bit of reading.

Ironically this set up is easier to back up than my 6x12 enclosed trailer (15' total length)

·
Premium Member
58,743 Posts
Longer trailers are easier to back up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where do you take it?
I've been keeping at my parents place on Childs Lake. I don't have a place to store it down here yet. Too many vehicles in my driveway, so I'll have to pay for storage somewhere once I bring it down in August.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to know, I wish I had the big tow package sometimes. All I can do is push the "tow mode" button and watch my gas gauge fall at a record rate.

Surprisingly well. The total pull is close to 14k lbs, 3k of trailer with surge brakes. The trailer is taking on the load and the truck provides the haulage. Pulling it about a mile down the road where it's stored isn't so bad if you maintain safe speeds and distance. I sure do wish I had big tow mirrors though. (26' welcraft, 10' beam)

I was a bit nervous the first time I pulled it up the ramp but the truck handled it with no issue. It's a concrete ramp with little to no algae. My dad suggested putting the truck in 4wd to split the load between the axles but I didn't think that was a good idea unless neccessary after a bit of reading.

Ironically this set up is easier to back up than my 6x12 enclosed trailer (15' total length)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts