Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of yall seen the new sequoias??? i dont know if they are out yet, or if i saw a concept, but theyre even uglier than the tundras. the front looks just like a tundra, and the back is just freakin huge. google it and it should pop up.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It makes me sad to know that they are butchering the sequoia :( I really liked the old style.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sposed to be pretty fast for an suv though. SR5s come with the 5.7l, 381hp, 401 lbs/ft of torque, 6 speed transmission....claims it will hit 0-60 in 7 flat.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
fishinfrenzi15 said:
any of yall seen the new sequoias??? i dont know if they are out yet, or if i saw a concept, but theyre even uglier than the tundras. the front looks just like a tundra, and the back is just freakin huge. google it and it should pop up.

I saw one in person the Sunday before Christmas. Here is my description from another thread:

Have you seen the new Sequoia yet? I saw one at the mall last Sunday and did a double take. It may be one of the most hideous looking SUV's I have ever seen. The front looks similar to a Tundra and the back...well, the back looks like a melted jelly bean. The profile makes the truck look not much bigger than the 4Runner because there is so much drooping going on.

They look much more "melted" and "smaller" in person than the pictures on the website make them appear.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bills1974 said:
I saw one in person the Sunday before Christmas. Here is my description from another thread:

Have you seen the new Sequoia yet? I saw one at the mall last Sunday and did a double take. It may be one of the most hideous looking SUV's I have ever seen. The front looks similar to a Tundra and the back...well, the back looks like a melted jelly bean. The profile makes the truck look not much bigger than the 4Runner because there is so much drooping going on.

They look much more "melted" and "smaller" in person than the pictures on the website make them appear.
i tried searchin to see if anybody else had brought this up already, but musta skipped over it. so do you think they looke better or worse in person???

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, according to one of the car magazines (can't remember which one it is I get so many). From the front doors forward it is the Tundra!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
when the new tundra's came out I was actually hoping that it would look more like the tundra. now that its here I think it looks ok, but if I were to buy one right now it would be the armada. anyone know how the new sequoia's stack up to the armadas, pricewise? I'm betting the yota is much more expensive, as usual.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just read that starting price is over $34,000 for the 4.7l model. so the 5.7l SR5 fully loaded will be a good bit deal more.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
fishinfrenzi15 said:
i tried searchin to see if anybody else had brought this up already, but musta skipped over it. so do you think they looke better or worse in person???
IMO, it looks much worse in person.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I saw one Sunday night. It's both ugly and not so ugly at the same time (rear quarter view is the worst). Dash is heinous (just as the tundra).

But then again, the new tundras are growing on me...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
the outside is hideous but i kinda like the interior.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Here Ya Go!! What a value!! :huh: Straight off the dealer's website....

Series: Sequoia
Model: Platinum 4WD (6 Speed Automatic)
Model Year: 2008
Transmission: 6 Speed Automatic
VIN: 5TDBY67A38S001672
Color: Pyrite Mica
Interior: Red Rock
Available: Immediately
Dealer Name: Fred Anderson Toyota
Dealer Phone: 919-787-00**

Estimated Payments
60 Months Purchase $1,074
Assumes 10.0% down payment, 8.5% APR

48 Months Lease $792
Assumes 10.0% down payment
Change

Estimated Payments are based on MSRP. lease and payment rates do not include applicable taxes.

>>>>> Pricing*
>>>>>> MSRP
>>>>>>>Base $55,600
>Options $1,404
>Manuf. Delv, Proc & Hndlg $735
>Subtotal $57,739
>Dealer Fees $399
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Total $58,138

View Disclaimer*

Options Installed - View Image Gallery
Fuel Surcharge $20
Dynamic Laser Cruise Control-LZAT $600
Cold Kit Includes: Windshield Wiper-CKAT $100
Deicer, Headlamp Cleaner and Heavy Duty Battery

Southeast Toyota Distributor Plus-FP50 $0
Certified Technician 46 Point

Final Quality Inspection

Picture Asset Program

50 State Emissions-FEAT $0
Without Dest. Package

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with On/Off-RLAT $40
Feature

7 Passenger Floor Mats/Cargo Mats-PV70 $269
Woodgrain Dash with Trim-DM20 $375

Fuel Economy Information
MPG Hwy 13
MPG City

Standard Features Of this Vehicle
Mechanical
381 HP/401 lb.ft./6-Speed ECT Auto Trans - 4-Wheel Drive w/ Locking Center Diff - 5.7-liter,i-Force DOHC V8 EFI Dual VVT-i - Auto Tri-Zone CFC-Free Air Conditioning - Coil-Spring Indep Dble-Wishbone Fr Susp - Coil-Spring Indep Dble-Wishbone Rr Susp - P275/55 R20 Tires Diamond Finish Wheels
Safety
CRS Top Tether Anchors & ISOFIX Lwr Seat - Dr/Fr Pass Advanced Airbags w/Occupant Class Sensor,Dr & Fr Pass Seat-Mntd Side Airbags,& Fr, 2nd & 3rd Row Roll-Sensing Side Curtain Airbags w/Roll-Sensing Cutoff Swtch/ Child-Prtctor & Door Locks - STAR SAFETY SYSTEM-Includes;A-TRAC - Trac Cntrl Plus Veh Skid Cntrl (VSC), Auto Lmtd Slip Diff,4-Whl Anti-Lock Brake System w/Brake Assit and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
Exterior
Chrome Grlle Back Door Garnish, & Door Handles,Dual Chrome Pwr Mem Remote Htd Outside Mirrors w/Retractable,EC Turn Signals, Puddle Lamps/Multi-Reflctr Halogen Headlamps w/Auto-Off Feature - Priv Glass on Rr Qtr & Tailgate Wndws, & Rr Side/Fr&Rr Prkng Sonar/Fog Lamps/
Comfort and Convenience
Lthr-Trmd 7 Pass,Split Fold-Flat/Rcline/ Sliding 2nd Row Bench Seat with Center Armrests & Adj Headrests/Heated Air Conditioned Vntd Fr Dr & Passenger Seats/2nd Row Htd Seats/Nav System (JBL AM/FM/ Four-CD with 14 Speakers) with - Ltr-Trmd w/Mem Pwr-Adj 10-Wy Dr Seats w/ 4/Wy Adj Pass Seat & Adj Headrests - Pwr Wndws (w/One-Touch Up/Down w/Jam Cntrl on Fr & Door Locks/Pwr Rr Wndw w/Elec Defogger & Int Wiper/Cruise Cntrl

·
Registered
591 Posts
2008 Armada LE 4wd MSRP $44,630

Base MSRP† Exterior Color
Red Brawn
Interior Color
Charcoal Leather
Drivetrain
All-Mode 4WD®

Packages and Options
$115 Rear Splash Guards $1,000 LE Preferred Package $1,000 Moonroof Package $50 In-cabin Microfilter $350 Tow Package $2,400 LE Technology Package $1,600 Nissan DVD Entertainment System Accessories
$220 Carpeted Floor and Cargo Mats Nismo
$51,365 Subtotal $745 Destination and Handling $52,110

Go figure....A comparable (and better looking) '08 Armada is $6000 less than the '08 Sequoia. Things that make ya go Hmmmm....

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
niceun said:
48 Months Lease $792
Assumes 10.0% down payment
Change

Estimated Payments are based on MSRP. lease and payment rates do not include applicable taxes.

Damn, for that lease you wouldn't be that far off from getting a QX56 and a G35 sedan... I'm paying almost $100 less for my QX56 (AWD + every option possible) and I only put 2k out of pocket...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow that a lot of coin. I drove and almost bought an older one couple years ago to replace a SUV we had and I liked the older body style, was not terribly torquey and I hoped the new motor would fix that, bummer about the cost /styling.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i liked the old ones too. never drove one or anything, and i dont know nothin about the engine or performance or anything. but i liked the way they looked, i also like the 2003 or so model tundras.....but all that has changed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Clancy said:
I saw one Sunday night. It's both ugly and not so ugly at the same time (rear quarter view is the worst). Dash is heinous (just as the tundra)...............................................................................
Dont know about the $58k price tag :huh:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think the outside looks alright. I haven't seen the interior yet.

I still prefer the Armada though.

And can't afford either one... and if I could, I'd buy a fully loaded Titan!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Wow that is horrible. Even worse than the damn Tundra. And grossly overpriced. Those Tundras sell like crazy tho so this thing will probably go like hotcakes too. Getting harder to go anywhere without having to put up with seeing the damn things lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts