Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a brand new 2011 Titan SV, had for a bout a week now and the check engine light came on after 250 miles and the truck does feel different. Please reassure me that I didn't make a bad purchase here, anybody experience constant problems with their Titan or do I just have bad luck??

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Mine came on once on my 07 SE and it was because I didn't twist the gas cap on where it clicks 3 or more times. I have a 2011 Pro4x with 3k miles and no issues yet.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
My buddy just got his 11 back from the dealer. The spark plugs weren't gaped properly

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Check the code first off......how can you know the problem without knowing what code it is? If you fill your tank with the truck running or you didn't fully replace the gas cap, it'll throw a code.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
My buddy just got his 11 back from the dealer. The spark plugs weren't gaped properly
i'm that buddy,
my 2011 did throw a P0300 code, which is random misfire.
they regapped my plugs and we'll see how it goes.
mine come on around the same time yours did, and would come and go on random.
drive down to autozone and have them pull the code then you can post the code and we can take it from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So an update on my check engine light, I just got my truck back from the dealership and you guys would never believe what the problem was. So from the truck sitting in the lot for 8 months a family of mice decided to make a home in my air filter and chewed a hole thru the filter and messed up the sensor. So the dealership had to put in a new 800$ sensor and a new air filter and cleaned out all the crap from the mice. Just my luck! Didn't have to pay for anything obviously, only had the truck for a week and a half. Aggravated but glad that Nissan took care of it and gave me a couple vouchers for Free oil changes.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I would not have driven the truck home, id make them give me a new truck.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Not trying to worry ya but I had the exact same kind of thing happen to my F350 that was sitting for a while, the mice were all gone but The truck was never the same, we thought they had only chewed the airfilter. but later on down the road and numerous electrical problems later we realized that they had also chewed into part of the wiring harness and god knows what other little wires they were chewing on. I had electrical issues for years, still to this day it acts up sometime... give it a really good look over.. they went through the wires in the fire wall and made a nice little bed in my dash.!!! Didnt notice they had done that until a year later when my AC switch stopped working and I took it apart..

·
Registered
889 Posts
^^^
Plus, you could have one of those sucks stuck in the intake manifold waiting to clog a valve.lol Seriously though, take that truck and exchange it. pro4alberta is right something pops up down the road don't think for a second the stealership will try to shaft you. 99% of the beauty of buying new is starting with a clean slate. Unacceptable!

·
Registered
779 Posts
^^^
Plus, you could have one of those sucks stuck in the intake manifold waiting to clog a valve.lol Seriously though, take that truck and exchange it. pro4alberta is right something pops up down the road don't think for a second the stealership will try to shaft you. 99% of the beauty of buying new is starting with a clean slate. Unacceptable!
I would bet the dealer would never ever give you a new truck. :(

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I would make them give me a 100k mile extended warranty just in case.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
So when your motor blows up, than what? Big hole through your airfilter.... just sayin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well....you're right....my light came back on today.
will be taking the truck back to the dealer on friday....this will be take 2.
Good luck man, hope all goes good, my truck has been running great since they fixed the filter and the sensor, feels alot more powerful too, well considering my engine is getting clean air now lol :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts