Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i rolled my 07 titan and now i have an 08, on the 07 i removed the rear cats and muffler and installed the flowmaster Y and loved it lol, but now on the 08 im thinking of removing the rear cats and muffler and running more pipe out for duals, my question is will i lose enough performance or MPG to notice?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
i rolled my 07 titan and now i have an 08, on the 07 i removed the rear cats and muffler and installed the flowmaster Y and loved it lol, but now on the 08 im thinking of removing the rear cats and muffler and running more pipe out for duals, my question is will i lose enough performance or MPG to notice?
Nope, The pipe after the muffler has no effect on the low end performance.
I am running a true duel system made out of a 07 exhaust with X-Pipe duel 14" Magnaflow knockoff's and 2 stock 07 tailpipes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah would be funny to put SS on the side of the truck lol, hey another question what is the size of the stock pipe after the muffler?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i was thinking of putting a magnaflow X pipe in front of the stock muffer, cutting the muffler off and putting a couple muffers with another tailpipe, this sounds like what you did but with 07 piping right? ok my question is what size X pipe should i get for the inlets and outlets? the 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 or 3inch?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
i was thinking of putting a magnaflow X pipe in front of the stock muffer, cutting the muffler off and putting a couple muffers with another tailpipe, this sounds like what you did but with 07 piping right? ok my question is what size X pipe should i get for the inlets and outlets? the 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 or 3inch?

2 1/4" X-Pipe will work on the stock pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts