Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and just got an 06 Titan about a week ago and I am ready to start working on it. It is only 2wd unfortunately but I still want to lift it. Anyway I was thinking 6" Procomp Stage I suspension lift to start. I also want to do the total chaos upper arms and probably fox coilovers?? And for the rear I am kind of lost I have read Deaver spring packs and bilstein shocks?? The Deaver Packs come in 1.5,2,2.5 and 4 inch sizes I believe but don't know what I should get. I want to get the most lift possible...my original idea was 6" suspension with 3" body but I want to stay away from the body lift if possible. I know that the Pro Comp 6" Lift they say will only clear 35's which is what I might do but is it possible by adding the deaver packs and coilovers that i can clear 37's without rubbing?? Also depending on budget could I go ahead and install the Pro Comp 6" lift and come back shortly and do the aftermarket arms and what not or just wait and do it all at once?? Sorry for so many questions just want to make sure when I do it...Its done right...thanks

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
What do you plan on doing with the truck? If you're going to cuff it, then get the PRG 4" Performance Package.

You can get the CST 8" lift kit for your 2WD. More expensive than PC, and a bit tougher to install though.

If you just want to ride high, and occasionally offroad, go with the PC Stage 1, Radflo or DR Coilovers in front, Radflo Shocks in the back, along with whatever Deaver pack you want.

Don't forget the trutrac locker for the rear.

The Radflo and DR coilover's are much better options than the FOX C/O's.

Just FYI, it takes 20 hours +/- to install a body lift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I dont want to mess with CST at all. And as far as the body lift I know from experience doing a buddies 05 F150 how long it takes and I do not want to deal with that again at all.

So would a PC Stage I lift with DR coilovers and Radflo shocks in the back be the way to go?? I wont take it offroad much so is that overkill??...also what size deaver springs would be recommended?

And trutrac locker?? Explain kinda new to this

And do most of you all install yourselves? Never having done suspension is it worth doing it yourself or just letting a local shop do it?

Thanks for the input...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Did you take a minute to read through this sticky?

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/62459-titan-lift-shock-overview.html

It's got a lot of info on the various options. Additional info or advice can be acquired by calling the author of that thread, Greg, at PRG. He's pretty much the Titan suspension guru around here. Not that dozens of other guys don't know tons about it, but he makes it and sells it to us. If anyone can talk you through what you are looking for, it's Greg. Good luck, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya I read that...Great thread!!

I will probably end up calling him to see exactly what I should do.

I have a basic idea like I said but when you are 19 and a college student the budget is only so big...I dont want to go all cheap...but I also dont need top of the line everything...my main goal is a nice size lift able to clear 37's...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Greg can also help you do it in phases if budget is an issue. No sense doing things twice. Just get what you need slowly and keep adding to it until you get it how you want it.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Greg can also help you do it in phases if budget is an issue. No sense doing things twice. Just get what you need slowly and keep adding to it until you get it how you want it.

That's the approach that I'm taking.

Started with the PC Stage 1, so far have added Bilstein 5125 Rear shocks and Total Chaos Shackles. Spring time will be DR coilovers which will let me toss the sway bar. Then maybe add the Deavers, and a TruTrac.

I should be happy then!

·
Registered
265 Posts
i recommend new coilovers in front first as the stock coilovers SUCK. you will be floored by the "night-and-day" difference. Speedbumps, big dips, potholes, etc that i used to have to take at <5mph so i wouldn't bottom out can now be taken at any speed i want and its like driving over a tennis ball. plus you can get some lift out of them. try and find some used like i did. good luck.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
54warrior said:
That's the approach that I'm taking.

Started with the PC Stage 1, so far have added Bilstein 5125 Rear shocks and Total Chaos Shackles. Spring time will be DR coilovers which will let me toss the sway bar. Then maybe add the Deavers, and a TruTrac.

I should be happy then!
Doesn't sound like DRs are an option for bracket lifted Titans. In the Lift and Shock Overview post that Blackbeauty provided a link to, Greg states the following:
PRG said:
DRE- no longer available for the bracket lifted titans. These are a great shock, but the limited spring length (same issue the Fox has) meant that many users were not able to get the height they wanted.
DRs can be used stock, PRG 4" Spindle Package, or the PRG 4" Performance Package, (the link in my sig leads to both pkg.)

These are the options for bracket lifts:
PRG said:
Radflo 2.5" dia. coilovers- Im going to lump the internal and external reservoir versions into one group as they function the same on our titans. These offer more potential travel then the Fox if using an aftermarket upper a-arm and come with different Eibach springs for 2 or 4wd titans. Radflo is a custom shock manufacturer and builds these shocks for PRG Products and PRG then builds the upper mounts and supplies the springs and does the finally assembly. These are the smoothest riding of all the coilovers, with very good bottoming resistance. The internal res version are about the same price as the Fox, the external are about $150 more.

Sway-a-Way- These are built and valved for PRG products in the same way the Radflos are built for us. We order the shocks bare and built to a certain length and certain valving. We then provide the appropriate Eibach spring and do the final assembly. These are the most aggressively valved coilovers available. The ride is still great but is a bit more firm than the Radflos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts