Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured maybe not everyone got their 1 month free. I just now noticed that my in vehicle Wifi was not signed up for the free trial. You get 1GB or 1 month, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn’t offered to me. Bought new a month ago.
Check that website, for whatever reason, they aren't actively telling new owners about the free trial. I figure even if you're not interested, go ahead and stick it to AT&Ts network for the free 1GB of data.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was offered mine. I signed up. That 1g goes fast. I signed up for the monthly service. Nice having wifi in the truck

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was offered mine. I signed up. That 1g goes fast. I signed up for the monthly service. Nice having wifi in the truck
I think I saw it was about $40 or $50 a month for unlimited. I thought about it when I did part time ride share to let people connect. I didn't think it would provide much value though as most rides were done within 10-15 minutes and there's no way I'd want to wait for someone to download something.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
I was not informed about it, I did see it’s available looking at the uconnect information. If I remember correctly it was $20 a month. Since most people have unlimited data on their phones, what’s the value in having a hot spot? I’m not a techie.

Clint

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was not informed about it, I did see it’s available looking at the uconnect information. If I remember correctly it was $20 a month. Since most people have unlimited data on their phones, what’s the value in having a hot spot? I’m not a techie.

Clint
I think they tried to market it as some sort of carpool/jobsite feature. I'm just going to use the trial to create more traffic for AT&T as I don't intend to use it past the trial, just like the Nissan Connect. While I did like the option of remote starting from my desk and having the cabin nice and cool by the time I made it to the truck, the roll-down feature does a decent job of letting the heat escape before I enter the cabin and doesn't waste gas.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think they tried to market it as some sort of carpool/jobsite feature. I'm just going to use the trial to create more traffic for AT&T as I don't intend to use it past the trial, just like the Nissan Connect. While I did like the option of remote starting from my desk and having the cabin nice and cool by the time I made it to the truck, the roll-down feature does a decent job of letting the heat escape before I enter the cabin and doesn't waste gas.
The remote start was nice, but I guess I can get up and walk ten feet to use the fob to auto start it.

Nissan keeps emailing me to restart the service, but I don’t see any need to pay for it. The lock/unlock is free from the app without paying for service and that’s all I really need anyway.

·
Registered
2021 P4X
22 Posts
I'm happy the truck has it. I think it could be cool for long trips, but my work pays for my cell anyway and i get 15gb (hotspot) for free on it.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
Most people have unlimited data plans so I do not see any value in this.

Clint

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think I saw it was about $40 or $50 a month for unlimited. I thought about it when I did part time ride share to let people connect. I didn't think it would provide much value though as most rides were done within 10-15 minutes and there's no way I'd want to wait for someone to download something.
I got unlimited for $20 a month. Much needed when the kids got their switches and ipads with em

1 - 14 of 14 Posts