Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
Got the truxedo from Jamie. Thanks Jamie,titanparts247.com. Installed in about 1/2 hours.... well, fideling with it a while, could have been a bit faster.
First off, it's awesome. Very slim profile, and very easy to snap in and lock.
on the left side, from back looking forward, you will see a small black handle, that's the lock handle for the truxedo. Once you close the tail gate, no one can open the truxedo. It is locked.
Second, you can roll it up all the way to the front and lock it in place.
I have a sliding bed extender, as you can see in the picks there are 3 clamps on each side, I have to position the middle one not at the middle so I have some room to slide the extender. It works great.
Includes all pics. Any questions, ask away.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics. Notice the clamps position.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the last pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice. How much was it and where can you order one?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$395 for crewcab with utilitrack. Order at Titanparts247.com

·
Registered
740 Posts
It looks fine, but how do you flip the extender?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very good observation Keane :). I can't flip it. Just slide it back and forth. Use it as a bed divider.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Don't despair - easily fixed! Remove the back brackets and replace with self tapping (waxed if possible) screws through the lip of the box. The wax is to protect against rust. I have the CC too and I added screws in the middle too, even though you don't need the middle clamp.

Deepwater did this 1st and he has had his on for a long time with no problems. I have had mine on since April and it works fine.

By the way, when you do this you can now slide the extender all the way to the front and it can be a better bed divider. To flip and use as an extender slide the holder out of the tracks, flip and slide them back in.

It will be much more useful for you this way.

good luck!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keane,
Very cool suggestion. I will try it out. Do you have a picture of your bed extender?
Thanks much

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just posted on another thread that I will take a picture if it stops raing out in the next day or two, otherwise I am on vacation for two weeks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the dealer install a remote starter and alarm when I bought the truck. I don't remember what brand it was.

·
Registered
278 Posts
So how do you use your bed extender as a bed extender?

Do you unhook it from the track slides and pull it out then flip and re hook or is it just not usable?

As for the self tapping screws modification, anybody have pics of that so i can see exactly what your talking about.

Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
Cienfuegos said:
So how do you use your bed extender as a bed extender?

Do you unhook it from the track slides and pull it out then flip and re hook or is it just not usable?

As for the self tapping screws modification, anybody have pics of that so i can see exactly what your talking about.

Thanks
You actually have to pull out the track slides, flip the extender, then put the tracks slides back in. It is tricky at first, but then it becomes easy. My only issue is when you have stuff in the bed already and then you want to use the extender. That is harder as you have to remove anything over 3-6" slide out the extender and then put all the stuff back in. This deosn't happen too often but it does have the potential to be a pain.

As I stated before, it is raining here and I can't take pictures. I will try before I go on holidays.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
keane said:
Don't despair - easily fixed! Remove the back brackets and replace with self tapping (waxed if possible) screws through the lip of the box. The wax is to protect against rust. I have the CC too and I added screws in the middle too, even though you don't need the middle clamp.

Deepwater did this 1st and he has had his on for a long time with no problems. I have had mine on since April and it works fine.

By the way, when you do this you can now slide the extender all the way to the front and it can be a better bed divider. To flip and use as an extender slide the holder out of the tracks, flip and slide them back in.

It will be much more useful for you this way.

good luck!
keane.... Glade to hear that you got it all figured out and installed and it's all working great!
I new you would have no problem understanding this,( how to use the screws.) And I'm glad to see you helping others out with the info on this! Thanks for the kind words! :)
Deep.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Help me! My Service Manager recommended against the cover saying he had alot of trouble with his (snaps) in the winter because it kinda shruk tight and was stiff. I really need something in the winter, and I need to be able to open and close it and even roll it up to carry boxes. Will these work? Truxedo or the new Nissan one? I snowmobile and want to put my junk in the back and not have the bed full of snow? I don't mind pulling the snow off of it all the time, but it has to be functional.
Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kong,
The truxedo has 2 metal cross bars so it should be able to support the snow on it. And it can be roll all the way to the front and back. Very easy. I do boating with my kids every weekend and I am so glad to have the Truxedo. I don't have to store the wet stuff in my car anymore and to pull it off and roll it back on is so easy. Not to mention, no one can open it once you lock the tail gate.
Oh, and it has a LIFE TIME warranty.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Kong said:
Help me! My Service Manager recommended against the cover saying he had alot of trouble with his (snaps) in the winter because it kinda shruk tight and was stiff. I really need something in the winter, and I need to be able to open and close it and even roll it up to carry boxes. Will these work? Truxedo or the new Nissan one? I snowmobile and want to put my junk in the back and not have the bed full of snow? I don't mind pulling the snow off of it all the time, but it has to be functional.
Thanks
Kong.... I've had my cover on sence Feb. right after it was installed we had two big snow storms up here. I did not have any problems using the cover! It dose not snap into place! They use velcro strips to hold the sides down. The cover is 18oz. And is very strong! I think it is the best cover that you can buy at this time. Hard covers are a hassle to take off and to put back on when you are loading big stuff in the box. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Deepwater said:
I've had my cover on sence Feb. right after it was installed we had two big snow storms up here. I did not have any problems using the cover! QUOTE]

Does the cover generally keep out rain/melted snow? I've seen a few Tonneau covers that didnt' seem to do a very good job in this regard.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Loafer said:
Deepwater said:
I've had my cover on sence Feb. right after it was installed we had two big snow storms up here. I did not have any problems using the cover! QUOTE]

Does the cover generally keep out rain/melted snow? I've seen a few Tonneau covers that didnt' seem to do a very good job in this regard.
The cover works great in rain or snow! I will get a few drops of water from the corners by the cab but thats all, at the tailgate where there are gaps between the rear fenders and the tailgate this is where I will get some water in the bed, not from the cover, the fit and finsh of the boxs on these trucks has to big of gaps between the tailgate and the rear fenders in my opion.
Deep.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts